Search results

1. CM-Fan

Running Bear's January 2021 Coffee Shop

Willie - I would break out the razor saw and remove the top platform, the ramps, stairs and shorten the main platform legs and make a dock and boathouse out of it. Does one of your trailer house scenes have a pond? That would be prefect to keep a flat bottom boat /Jon boat in out of the weather.
  2. CM-Fan

Postal Service Slow Down

I have a picture of a 53' USPS mail trailer sitting all by its self in nowhere Montana right around christmas. Its a wonder somebody didnt hook up and haul it off or break into it. Probably full of ballots.
  3. CM-Fan

Grimy Black

Old school paint brand - Floquil?
  4. CM-Fan

Running Bear's December 2020 Coffee Shop

Willie - I absolutely love the Chicken mama scene! Everything from her to the chicken pen in the back and the old Ford truck. Especially the front fender work. Those pictures just became my favorite for the year. Guy - You are correct, great mule deer, and out on the horizon, you will find...
  5. CM-Fan

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Fed Ex dropped this off today. Hot Wire Foam Factory Pro 4 kit, four tools, and the adjustable heat control. This will come in handy shaping the mountains on my future layout and my other hobby - Halloween Props. 🎃
  6. CM-Fan

Lots of pretty views being shown today, some of you might like my office outside every day, then some of you may not. I guarantee you could walk for weeks and never see a starbucks. Sharp eyes will spot my wife on the four wheeler, she has a week off to be out with me. ;)
  7. CM-Fan

Jerry - When I was working up in NE Washington there was a club or group of people who owned speeders and they all came puttin into the town. They were traveling on a line that was no longer in use, there must've been 50 of them. It was a sight to see! Willie - yeesh, my eyes hurt just thinking...
  8. CM-Fan

Details West PL-160 pilot/plow attachment

One more for the mix - I use a thick C/A glue for different media like that. Or if you're patient and can set up a jig to hold items in place a two part epoxy. Two part epoxy is how I attached brass pilots to the MDC metal chassis. I used strips of styrene to hold it level off the track till...
  9. CM-Fan

My wife has been tracking a business envelope with a tracking number that left Mansfield Texas on Dec 9th. Last it popped up on the tracking grid was Denver on the 16th. I want to barf every time that automatic ad comes up about our "US Postal" heros. And we were to rely on them for election...
  10. CM-Fan

Dave - I would make the cone shaped tops out of poster board. They grow a lot of Sugar Beets here in my area of Montana. I like your progress! :)
  11. CM-Fan

Since the topic of the Navy has surfaced again, I will show a picture of my Dad. That is him on the elevator - Navy Dive School #5. I have many more but won't post them publicly as I don't want them ending up on someone's Pinterest. ( I know registered members here are good guys) Lost my Dad...
  12. CM-Fan

Dave- Seeing your loads of wood reminds me of a story I read about one of the old Colorado Narrow Gauge railroads. On the Denver South Park & Pacific, they sided a gondola carrying coal during winter due to mechanical problems. When the railroad crew showed back the next day the gondola was...
  13. CM-Fan

Good morning - I hope this Fine Tuesday treats everyone well. BigG- I like the American Flyer and the Lionel set! 😍 Santa could put both of those under our tree. McLeod- You can still see the original surface of your bench, no cleaning needed there.
  14. CM-Fan

Crisp morning here in Montana, -13 degrees out. ( yes negative thirteen) I better eat an extra pancake today Willie- If doing hillbillies at the trailer I expect to see at least one Trans Am up on cinder blocks. Tom - Is that a Suydam kit balancing by the clamps? Patrick - So sorry to hear the...
  15. CM-Fan

Patrick - I read your posts with a heavy heart. That is total BS that you are not allowed to see your father. If the people that are making these selfish decisions had the same fate to face things would be different or the rules would be bent. If masks are effective - then let people make peace...
  16. CM-Fan

Terry - It's a shame we can't collect air travel miles for all the packages that go the "opposite roundabout travel routes"! Chet - I have a small amount of white metal - clutter, cinder blocks on pallets, and other random stuff on pallets perhaps you have a use for. Too modern for my usage.
  17. CM-Fan

Chet - Wow do we have a lot of the same interests, Navy, Trains, and Beautiful Real Metal Cars! :D Whenever my son gets to come home on leave, sure would love to come over for a visit. No need to worry about it being too soon, he hasn't been able to get any time in the past 3 years. Who makes...
  18. CM-Fan

Ulrich-- Gondola Build

Jerry - You have some fine modeling tools there. I have owned one of those same saws for about 10 years now and have never changed out the blade. Although I don't have a miter box for it. The gondola is looking great and will be a fine addition when done. My hat is off to you for taking on one...
  19. CM-Fan

Kind of a late showing for the breakfast crowd, my lovely wife prepared this for me early this morning before heading out into the field. She likes making bacon faces. Taken later on enjoying the fine Montana climate after being out on the four-wheeler. We went and looked at the Christmas...
  20. CM-Fan

Sherrel - I love it, I have wanted an O Gauge set all my life for Christmas usage. But I would probably want a layout also in that gauge as a few weeks out of the year would not be enough.

Back