Search results

1. C

3’x4’ or 3 11”x 4’ , what would you do?

Hi, the second Trackplan on my response is one for a table Top layout in an IKEA Liatorp table.BUT for my use in HOn30 the hight of the boards need to be changed....a bit more work than initially anticipated....
  2. C

3’x4’ or 3 11”x 4’ , what would you do?

Hi, here are 2 versions of N scale /HOn30 Layouts that may work for you...easily modified to fit your needs: 2X3 ft and the 3X3 ft one..used by me for HOn30 but based on an N scale track plan.
  3. C

What are you buying this Month?

What a question....love it... to be honest, I started with a bunch of sorting boxes to get my bits and pieces , detail parts organized. Then of course detail parts. anything from Grab Iron to stacks...also a new engine body from Shapeways...Balsa wood dowels for trees....12 mm static...
  4. C

What are you buying this Month?

What a question....love it... to be honest, I started with a bunch of sorting boxes to get my bits and pieces , detail parts organized. Then of course detail parts. anything from Grab Iron to stacks...also a new engine body from Shapeways...Balsa wood dowels for trees....12 mm static...
  5. C

What advice to make a layout dateless.

Well...having an Asian Layout section opens the world to you...considerin quite a few Europen and American Prototypes wher sold and used in Asian countries....especially the interesting color schemes....if you look around on Shapeways , there are a few interesting Locomotive bodies available...
  6. C

What advice to make a layout dateless.

Hi, one solution would be an all nature based layout...no buildings...just very generic countryside.... just a thought best of luck Chris
  7. C

Talk about Shipping Service ...

looks like it...well...at least they followed instructions...
  8. C

Try HERMOSA BEACH to REDONDO....next to each other on the Cali beach...actually one can not see where one ends the other begins.... letters go to Simi Valley to a sorting center and the back to the respective post office....go figure...packages may end up in San Bernardion..... I gave up...
  9. C

Join the club...I bought an item on E Bay from a US shop in the North West....shipped through the E bay system.....after an extensive tour of the Western US, the item landed finally in Los Angeles...and one would assume that it will go on a plane to Germany from there...but NO...it went to New...
  10. C

N Scale - Micro-Trains -or similar-, EMD SW1500

Hi guys... well i got lucky. I found an old con cor center cab.. A Japanese prototype....but with Santa Fe Markings...but perfect in length and Truck spacing. Now off to the " shops"..... Thanks again for all your help and support. Chris
  11. C

Thanks, that helps quite a bit !
  12. C

Hi guys, trying to get some info on dimensions of ANY N scale SW 1500 I would need to know the LENGHT of the drive without the body and distance of the center pins between the trucks. Any help highly appreciated . Am trying to find a proper drive for a new conversion N to HOn30. Found the hoods...
  13. C

Bachmann factory sound Volume...

Thanks guys ! Appreciate the pointers ! Cheers Chris
  14. C

Bachmann factory sound Volume...

Hi, I have a Bachmann N - Diesel GP40 CSX DCC + Sound unfortunately it is quite low in volume. is there away to increase the volume. The controller I have is the standard Bachmann one. Is there a way...can't find anything on the Bachmann website. thanks and a HAPPY NEW YER...and lots of RR...
  15. C

N Scale Logging Equipment...

Some of the first one where Face shovels with the bucket removed and either tong or cable grapples , some just attached tongues to the bucket....as to the heel boom loaders here a re 2 pictures from 1947 and 48
  16. C

Actually all but the P&H are build by manufacturers....to this day some are still build on Tank Chassis....the only ones with cable anchors are the swing yarders...the Snorkel are just BIG machines...here is a Swing Yarder and a snorkel working in tandem... logging teamwork..... quite...
  17. C

One is a MADILL swing yarder...the other a SNORKEL YARDER...known as the SUPER SNORKEL.... they are around since the eighties....some go further back...like the P&H one...and then are interesting ones on tank chassis....
  18. C

If you are looking for Logging Equipment in N Scale ...I fond a great site with very resonable prices and FANTASTIC models https://www.clevercreekminiatures.ca/model-catalog Check it out! I bought his HO scale Madill Yarder...what a fantastic model... Here are some picture of their N scale gear...
  19. C

For the LOGGING Friends.....

If you are looking for Logging Equipment in N Scale ...I fond a great site with very resonable prices and FANTASTIC models https://www.clevercreekminiatures.ca/model-catalog Check it out! I bought his HO scale Madill Yarder...what a fantastic model... Here are some picture of their N scale gear...
  20. C

A MUST watch!!!! UP Challenger # 3985 pulling 143 cars.....

Enjoy...I did....

Back