Search results

1. S

Monthly Picture Thread - June 2021

Excavator is WS. Dozer is 3D printed.
  2. S

Monthly Picture Thread - June 2021

Decapod pulling out of the coal mine, then crossing the river.
  3. S

Roundhouse diorama

Fine looking build!
  4. S

Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

33 and rain. After the rain it's going to rain. Then it's supposed to rain tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday. Some new equipment ready to go to the coal mine.
  5. S

To Flex or Not to Flex

You should. A lot less joints & soldering.
  6. S

HO Electrofrog Turnouts

https://dccwiki.com/PECO_Electrofrog
  7. S

Ever have one of those days?

Had a section of "bullet proof" track, in a not-removable tunnel section turn not-bullet proof this week. Camper of happiness I am not.
  8. S

EBAY?!?!

The following was copied from an email I received a moment ago. Let’s put money directly in your pocket* eBay now manages the end-to-end selling experience on our marketplace, including payments. This means: • No more PayPal payment processing fees. • You get paid directly to your...
  9. S

HO vehicles & Figures

Jordan kit finished today. The Hansen boys are first rate builders, but they are hard on vehicles.
  10. S

Work benches

In the middle of the R&R room. Reloading on two walls and railroad on two walls.
  11. S

Soldering - Plain and Simple

About the same size as you have pictured.
  12. S

HO vehicles & Figures

Prieser figures definitely. I use others, but only if they are far from the eye. Mostly Wiseman and Jordan kits for autos. Although Euro makers Ricko, Roskopf, Busch & Praline make some nice RTR American vehicles. WS white metal kits leave a bit to be desired. But, to be fair, I imagine most...
  13. S

Soldering - Plain and Simple

I do sorta the same thing. The white wire in the 4th pic in the OP. I solder the foot of the "L" to the outside of the rail, them push/pull the wire through the hole. Yours makes a much less noticeable connection.
  14. S

What do I need to know to get started air brushing?

Agree. If you want a quiet compressor this one is the ticket. I bought it because I needed a small, portable compressor (really portable not the 75 lb. "portable" compressor I have in my shop), so I wasn't paying any attention to the "quiet" aspect, but it is - surprisingly so. You can be in...
  15. S

Contacting Ebay Sellers

As it should be. However, there is a LOT of model RR stuff for sale on eBay by sellers that don't know doodly about model RRing. Sometimes the seller admits as much in the description and says, "Look at the pics carefully & ask questions because WYSIWYG.", sometimes not. On more than one...
  16. S

Facia material

Thank you. Scenery first. Cut the facia full height on the table saw, then clamp to the benchwork and trace the contours as close as possible. Then the jigsaw. Then clamp it to the benchwork again and mark any needed adjustments which are then done with the drum sander.
  17. S

Facia material

1/4" maple plywood that was left over from another project. But alas, no curves.
  18. S

Modeling supply web sites

http://wisemanmodelservices.com/ ... has stuff that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. Especially automobiles and such from the period I model (1920s - 1950s... roughly). And their white metal castings are so much more detailed than other's I've seen.
  19. S

EBAY NEWBIE LOSES LOCO

In the event that it is not, there is a "Contact Seller" link to the right of the Bid/Buy & Add to Cart buttons.

Back