Search results

1. S

Decals for doing UP vehicles.

Does anyone know if anyone is currently offering decals to make up your own UP vehicles like semi truck's, suv's, pickup's etc.... If so and ya could provide me with some info that would be great. Thanks Mike
  2. S

What might these UP safety awards be valued at?

Im just wondering what a value might be on these as ive been thinking of parting with some of them. They are 2009 UP saftey awards (council bluffs service units) Any info/opinions or thoughts are welcomed. Thanks Mike
  3. S

Question on NWSL.

Anyone able to reach them by email? Ive sent 2-3 emails over the last month with no responce at all. Tried both email addys they have listed also. It says to contace them email is best. Well obviously not. Mike
  4. S

Where to find more airbrush bottles

Anyone know where to get more bottles and lids that will work with this airbrush. http://www.harborfreight.com/deluxe-airbrush-kit-95810.html Id like to get some extras, I bought two of the air brushes so id have 2 bottles but a few more would be nice. mike
  5. S

larry???

Has anyone heard from larry?? Ive tried to PM him but it says hes not accepting pms or cant recieve them. Im trying to get in touch with him but dont have an addy for him. thanks Mike. PS: Larry if ya read this feel free to pm me or email me at mike87gt@neb.rr.com
  6. S

What is it??

Obviously it looks like some sorta snow plow but is that what it really is? I have never seen it before and Ive worked in the small town its parked in for 3+ years. Thanks for looking, Mike
  7. S

Replacment axle gears for older Athearn engines

Are there any axle gears offered for the wheel sets that dont use the square blocks? I got a few engines Id like to repair at least that portion of but that part is holding me back, cause thats the one part I have no idea on. Thanks Mike
  8. S

small/detail parts for front range engine??

So I have a Front Range GP9, I have none of the glass, lenses, or small parts for it (horns, ect..) Is there anywhere to get these or is there anything else that will work? Also is there much of a market for the FR stuff? I have a GP7 that has a broken walkway so I ordered one...
  9. S

Anyone else order from Bowser??

delete till further notice
  10. S

Question on Front Range GP7/9

Is there any visable differance in the 2 models? Ive got one but not sure if its a GP7 or GP9. The reason im asking I need to get a new walkway for the one I got but not sure if there is any different. If I need to take some pics I can do so, just lemme know. Mike
  11. S

Need help with a decoder

I have a digitrax decoder from a athearn genesis engine. DC works on it, but I do not know that DCC addy for it. It was used when I got it and I failed to ask when I bought it. Im currently unable to reset the factory settings to where it would just be the basic #3 for DCC. Would someone...
  12. S

Who makes this car

Wondering who this car is made by. It looks like it was in kit form as there is some glue. thanks Mike
  13. S

spine car wheel sets

So i have a few sets of athearn spine cars that still have the plastic wheels, what do ya guys use that put metal wheel sets on them. If i recall there a 28" but dont know of anyone that offers them.?
  14. S

A couple of weathered cars

So latley ive been messing with the airbursh, water based paints, & enamel paints. Been giving the weathering a try and heres what ive done so far. The BN box car is a athearn unit which I think turned out great it was the first one i did out of the two shown. Second is a cheap...
  15. S

Spray booths.

Ok since im using the airbrush alot more along with enamel paints & thinner I wanna get me a small spray booth bought or made. Just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations the largest thing it would need to hold is a model car. Im wondering if theres a decent one for a good price or...
  16. S

Question about some # boards

Im building up a SP (H-24-66), and all the pics ive found so far, the #s on the number boards do not match the cab #. Were they all like this, or is there a reason for it. Just not sure how to do them. any info would be great. thanks Mike
  17. S

Looking for pics of this type of gondola

Anyone got any or know of any pics of gondolas with these types of coil load covers? As ya can see this is an older con-cor kit, so if its even based on an actualy car I dont even know. If anyone can help that be great. thanks Mike
  18. S

Question about using airbrush & floquil paint

Long time no see everyone, how are ya? Not bad here doing good just been busy with work and a slight health issue ya could say, (migraines, cant sleep, ect) So ive just kinda been lurking. But anyways on to the question at hand. Ok so ive had this airbrush and stuff just sitting here &...
  19. S

Question on Athearn's SD70ACE's

I see they have at least 1 heritage unit shown, any word if there gonna do the other paint schemes? If not hopefully micro scale will offer up the decals for them. Mike
  20. S

Foam padding

Wondering if anyone knows where to get some 1/2"-1" foam padding like what comes in some train packages that protects it. Looking to get some for exactly that purpose. Something i can just cut the shape I need put it in the box and be done. Thanks Mike

Back