Search results

1. troyphoto

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with paper cuts.... It's Troy again. Still working on reconstructing master files for my books. My new way to make it fun is use pull quotes to create graphics cards to share on social media (marketing, you know...) this is the first one that...
  2. troyphoto

First in! Start the Coffee FLO
  3. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps. Back from the audiologist. New hearing aids to be picked up Friday. Referral to the ENT doc confirmed. One ear has greater than a 25 db diff in some ranges than the other ear. That's a "you need to get checked out" Good thing I secured that 8 week out...
  4. troyphoto

Expanding the "Jurassic Park in France"?
  5. troyphoto

Let me clarify. I'll have two tunnel openings. The elevations are different for each line. But, do I cut one BIG hole in the backdrop encompassing both tunnel portals? Then scenic it up into two tunnel openings once I know the lines are permanent? Or do I cut two holes, and risk needing to cut...
  6. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who were sucked into an alternate dimension and avoided posting yesterday afternoon and evening. Hope you were running trains in that dimension. It's Troy again. TODAY is hearing test day. Hopefully going to order new hearing aids. That begins at...
  7. troyphoto

My day so far. Technically, I made a small grocery run. Meijer is giving out a reusable shopping bag to every guest today for Earth Day. I used a different one when I went into Target as the next stop. Then I got a car wash, and filled up the tank after our run to Indy on Saturday. Still...
  8. troyphoto

Shepherd's Pie, but with beef instead of lamb. and i use corn instead of peas. Wife likes peas. I prefer not.
  9. troyphoto

Yep... but daughter didn't purchase any. So now it's time to find a close match.
  10. troyphoto

Many ibuprofen later, I'm still sore. Well, howdy there internet peoples, and those who don't ache Daughter posted a photo, and wife admitted she had a finished photo. I was so tuckered out yesterday, I didn't get one. Here's the room post flooring install... The tile "apron" was done by a...
  11. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet people, and those who GPS forgot... It's sore and tired troy again... Hit the sack about 10:10. One pee run at 1:30, and then the cat was sitting on me about 30 minutes ago. (EDIT: forgot to hit the post button... got up at 6:30) Drug my tired arse outta bed. Wife...
  12. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and Louis It's Tired and Achey Troy again. What I did a lot of today: What I got for a reward: That's Puccini's Smiling Teeth Pizza joint down the road from the daughters. They have gluten-free crust and vegan cheese. That keeps her allergies from acting...
  13. troyphoto

Well, do you have flatus? Mythbusters did an episode on Farts. One of my favorite episodes. Involved a "Flatus containment Vessel" FYI: I always blame the cat. Wife never believes me.
  14. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those without flatulence.... It's Troy again. Yawning up a storm last night so I went to bed at 9p. Slept through til 1:30, then couldn't get back to sleep due to the loud tinnitus. Tried putting the earbuds in and sleeping in the recliner. I might have...
  15. troyphoto

First in! coffee FLO! Got a long day ahead.
  16. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with floors. It's Troy again. FLO: Just Coffee... lots to do today Tomorrow is the big day. We head south 2+ hours to see the daughter, and assist in installing her new faux hardwood laminate plank flooring. She ordered it, and the subfloor (we'll...
  17. troyphoto

Rechargables don't pack as much of a punch as the disposable batteries. and I use the bluetooth connection for listening to podcasts or music while I'm out walking. Or for taking phone calls. Rechargables typically last about a day -16 or so hours, before a recharge. The more I bluetooth, the...
  18. troyphoto

Tinnitus, probably caused by Young, Dumb, and Loud. I really recommend this book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9LJLQFY Written by an audiologist, and PhD Neural Physiologist i've had constant tinnitus since about 2010. A single tone. I got my hearing aids in 2012. The tinnitus...
  19. troyphoto

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those with sore back from laying on tiles It's Troy again. Not much new here to report. Though I did sleep in til 6am. Tinnitus report: Went to bed with it at a 4. Woke up with it at a 6. about what I'd expect. I'm using the sound generator next to my...
  20. troyphoto

Tinnitus update: Getting better, but slowly. I have to retrain the brain to ignore the fake sound my brain is sending me. I've got it down to about a 5/10 today. But it goes up at night as I sleep. In other news, the game company I demo for just announced a NEW EDITION of their WWII flagship...

Back