Search results

1. DaveBowman

Im so confused DCC new modeler

yes that will hold a full steam engine, including my 4449 I set that so I could run an engine around the front or back of a line in both areas.
  2. DaveBowman

Thank you the size is 5x9 with the yard on its own board thank you for the suggestion. As I am building it, I'm having issue with slope as designed it was about 4-5% so Im having to rethink the height. I can make it with 2 engines but a single will not pull more than 1 car. I have played...
  3. DaveBowman

I thought on a straight oval DCC should not reconnect at the top of the oval, from my understanding it could cause issues with sound duplication near the top as it gets signal form both East/West lines
  4. DaveBowman

For those who have ask about what is north of the WYE, this is the full design, including the slot car track the purple will be the DC line that I am integrating into the layout as well and why it is so wide.
  5. DaveBowman

Ok I believe I under stand everybody's advice, from my understanding with DCC you don't want the signal to loop so you should only have power one direction so you would need a double gap on each circle, I have removed the block detector and set the one reversing section on the WYE. Do you...
  6. DaveBowman

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense, I will do that. The section to the North is a simple rail yard that to me seemed pretty basic for setup since there is no reverse or turn table just single turnouts and track lines.
  7. DaveBowman

I made the original mistake of making it 8x12 and cut it down, my room is square but I don't have the ability to streach it around the room so it grew and shrunk to this, the table is built with wiring set under it so Im a bit stuck to this plan, plus the parts not shown have a slot car track...
  8. DaveBowman

So if I choose not to build in the districts the only double gap I need is on the WYE? I would not need any on the Grey cut over? or Where the Black and Orange connect?
  9. DaveBowman

Thank you, I had not thought about the long train or lighted cars I will take a look at the DCC Specialties site
  10. DaveBowman

Im building it on a wood/foam base im using peco track with Peco pl-11side mount motors runnig to an NCE control block for manual control and wired to loco net back to the zephyr command module. I figured in the future I may automate some of the switching and thought it would be best to break...
  11. DaveBowman

Thank you that helps
  12. DaveBowman

Thank you ... I thought I was over cautions
  13. DaveBowman

Also I have the DB201 Opto I think I can use that for both the Blue and Green (auto reversing sections) and not use an AR1 is that true?
  14. DaveBowman

Im over 50 and my mother sent me my old HO Scale system, with Covid I have decided to build a rail road in DCC but I am so confused. Looking for some guidance. I think I have figured out what I need and how to wire, but have a couple questions and looking for validation if this would work. I...

Back