Search results

1. brubakes

How To Wire

I'm hoping someone can help me with how to wire my layout. Attached is a very crude layout picture. It's basically a outer and inner loop with a figure 8 in the middle of the inner loop. I'm using DCC for controlling it. Currently my issue is that with the center "X" connected nothing will...
  2. brubakes

Who's Layout Is This

Sorry but you told on yourself, it's not your photo. Uploading photos you do not have permission to use, to the forums to display is against the rules. Sorry about that I do believe Photobucket doesn't seem to mind but use a link do not post a photo you do not own. Cheers Willis
  3. brubakes

locomotive timeline

Anyone know if there a time-line online that shows when all the different locomotives were in production? Maybe a separate one for steam and diesel.
  4. brubakes

LGB Situation

I've been away from the world of LGB for some time. About 10-15 years. So did they go under or stop shipping to the US? I know Walther's have become a reseller of their stuff, but it sure seems like only slim pickens are left and they are hard to get a hold of.
  5. brubakes

Premium Product Lines

Atlas has their Proto 2000 and Bachmann has their Spectrum line of products. What other company are out there with a premium line of products that I should watch for.
  6. brubakes

full factory relaod on NCE Power Cab

Does anyone know the step by steps on resetting a Power Cab by NCE to its factory defaults? I have the manual and didn't understand its directions (p57).
  7. brubakes

no power on 2-8-4

I have a Bachmann 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive that worked file when I fist got it, but now seems to having a hard time pulling almost any freight. When I first got the locomotive it could pull 8 of the Walther's heavyweight passenger cars without a problem. Now I can pull two at full...
  8. brubakes

where can I find this caboose

No local shops have it or say they can get it in stock. I have been watching eBay and no luck. Can anyone point me to an online retailer with it in stock? Walther's did not have it. Atlas 6304-4 in NKP
  9. brubakes

Cutting Foam

That is the best tool or method for cutting the pink foam insulation used on our railroads.
  10. brubakes

soldering track

I've never soldered my track before (this going back to when I was a kid) and now that I am going to start a "real" model railroad I know its a must. However, I'm looking at my flex track now and the rail joiners I have installed while I start playing with my test test and I see no room for...
  11. brubakes

soldering track

I've never soldered my track before (this going back to when I was a kid) and now that I am going to start a "real" model railroad I know its a must. However, I'm looking at my flex track now and the rail joiners I have installed while I start playing with my test test and I see no room for...
  12. brubakes

To Elevate or Not To Elevate...

Yeah, changed my mind again, but this time I am locked into bench work that is 5' x 12' so I have to build my railroad on those dimensions. Currently while I am planning I cannot decide on if I should worry about elevation or not. One of my requirements for my railroad is I want two trains...
  13. brubakes

Well I'm Starting Over

I hardly got started but I think I am going to skip the 5'x10' setup I was planning and go with a similar L shaped dog bone setup. Similar to THIS. I've been going back and forth with myself forever about layout plans and while the 5'x10' rectangle would have been easy I don't think I would...
  14. brubakes

Switching Turns and Straight Track

When making a curve say to the left and then turning back to the right how much (if any) straight track is needed between the two different curves? Is there a rule of thumb to fallow?
  15. brubakes

Parallel Track Distance

When running two tracks parallel to one another what is the correct distance between the center line of each of the tracks?
  16. brubakes

Recommend Me A Steam

I'm looking for a smaller (under 4-8-4) economical DCC NPK or Unlettered steam locomotive. What is out there for this? What have you run that you would recommend?
  17. brubakes

5 x 10 layouts

I've stalled almost before I started my 5' x 10' layout. Anyone else have this layout and care to share some pictures? I need inspiration.
  18. brubakes

24" vs 26" Appearance

Do you think you would be able to notice a different in the appearance of my longer cars going over 24" vs 26" radius curve or do you think to make a difference I would need 28"+?
  19. brubakes

5' x 10' layout - keep it flat or enough space to add elevation

I have bench work for a 5' x 10' layout. Should I keep it flat and work on scenery or is there enough room for elevation and keeping a working yard in the middle?
  20. brubakes

how far from the table's edge

How close to the edge do you have your track to edge of your benchwork?

Back