Search results

1. lmackattack

Wireless DC transformer for G scale ?

Im building a garden layout for a family and they want to start out with DC power for now. Im wondering if there is a MFG of wireless DC control for G scale. the issue I am finding is that I need about a 10 amp unit and most I find are 5 or less.
  2. lmackattack

Resistor wheelsets for detection ( what resistance to use?)

Im a little confused with what resistance value I should use for wheel sets My club layout is using the team Digital Block D8 detection device. It simply passes one of the buss leads from the command station/ through the device /and then to the track. It detects current flow. It is also...
  3. lmackattack

Lake County Il Railroad Club

Please check us out and like us on Face book Currently Seeking new members that enjoy modeling the Steam Diesel transition era https://www.facebook.com/groups/550859331734486/
  4. lmackattack

Illinois Central Fans (steam diesel era)

There is a guy on Ebay selling some large lots of IC stuff. If you model IC you know its hard to find some good stuff and even harder to find it in bulk. I picked up a bunch of Coal cars and Box cars sponsored by the Illinois Central RR society 2009-2011. Here is my first half of my grab...
  5. lmackattack

Broadway Limited Imports Mikado Tender harness Pin out?

I did some research online and I see several people comment on the pin out of the Loco when looking at the rear of the loco you will see 6 pins (working Left to Right) L Rail-Motor-Light-Light-Motor-R rail I took the boiler off the frame and this is correct However when I look at the...
  6. lmackattack

JMRI operations

Our club held its first operations session using JMRI operations. It went so smooth I thought I should share how great this system is when set up in just its basic form. Our Past operations sessions I just made up moves and switch lists in Microsoft Excell. I handed a sheet to each operator...
  7. lmackattack

QSI Titan speaker options for heavy steam

I bought 2 QSI Titan decoders and need to get some speakers.. I have plenty of room in the tender for one large or 2 large speakers.....I see that you can adjust the certain sounds to emit from one or 2 speakers....or if using dual speakers you can isolate say the bell to emit from only one...
  8. lmackattack

Steam sound decoders...Tsunami vs QSI

Seams that most say tsunami are the best sound decoders out there. I have one QSI steam decoder and it has some nice options that the tsunami does not. For instance the QSI has a cool feature . I call it cruise control. You press one of the function buttons and it maintains that speed yet...
  9. lmackattack

Paragon 2 2-10-4 gear issues.

I bought an ATSF 2-10-2 and 2-10-4. One of the locos has a gear that spins on the axel splines. Is this an easy fix. Or should I just order a new driver and swap it in? I have never had to split apart a drive axel on a steam loco yet....just wondering.....
  10. lmackattack

Challenger and big boy

Who makes a robust model in ho scale. I like to pull long trains and enjoy a quiet running, good puller at a reasonable cost. I see mth,athearn, Lionel,ahm etc... Who made the best bang for your buck model?
  11. lmackattack

Ford Motor company Loco and coal cars

Found this on you tube and I recall someone asking about a Loco that Ford had used at one of their plants.. Fast forward to the 7:00 mark to see the switcher loco and some ford coal cars. thought it was kinda cool and have never seen it before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXfk0op6JA Trent
  12. lmackattack

Northern IL MRRC

Just putting this out there for any that is intrested.. there is talk of starting a new club near Wauconda IL. If you have intrest in building layouts from scratch we would like to hear from you. Currently we have about 8 people that are intrested but need 12-15 to make it work and get thru the...
  13. lmackattack

Club or Home layout standards...

Im intrested to hear what standards would most concern you. For example if a group of people, including you, wanted to start a home or club layout. What would be your top concerns to have set as "club standards". Track, electrical, properly finished club room? Lets hear it...
  14. lmackattack

Digitrax DH123, Dim the headlight?

I see that the online manual shows Rule 17 (dim headlight) what Im trying to find is if I can set up the Headlight (CV49) so that it dims when the loco is stopped and then comes back up brighter when it starts to move? is this possible with this decoder? or do I have to set up the headlight...
  15. lmackattack

GP18 winter hatch question

I bought some winter hatches for my P2K GP18s Searcing thru some model RR pics I see some people have placed the hatch in diffrent aeras. I thought they covered the rear fan but some pics show them in front of the fan? Is there a correct way?:confused: also the screen is offset in the housing...
  16. lmackattack

Help..I messed up CV29

I was trying to set up my Tsunami for speed tables. the loco was on address 3 I set cv29 = 50 and now lost what address it is set on. I tried reseting the decoder on the program track but it wont reset. I had this happen before where my MRC unit did not have to power to reset it. I had to...
  17. lmackattack

roof top beacons

What are you guys using for a becon. I have a small bulb wired up and ready to install into a beacon but I cant seam to find the right size dome. all my 1/25 scale models have to large of a dome and all the ones at my LHS also seam oversized. this is on a old CNW GP18 any ideas:confused:
  18. lmackattack

Digitrax decoder quality issues?

Not being a big fan of Digitrax I tend to steer away from them. anyways I needed 2 cheep decoders last night so I went to the LHS and they were out of the ESU that I normaly buy. I just gave in and picked up two DH123's Went home wired up my 2 gold box CNW GP18's, used my test decoder and all...
  19. lmackattack

"THE TRAIN" is on QVTV tonight at 10PM

the 1965 movie is on tonight. just a heads up if your intrsted. lots of cool WWII vintage steam action.. Trent
  20. lmackattack

rrack power thru your switchs

track power thru your switch What is you opinion on how to power a switch. im not talking about the motor that controls its movement. im talking about how to power the frog point rails etc. isolate the frog, etc.. what works best? whats the new standard? this is just to learn what most...

Back