Search results

1. D

Problem with joining Atlas HO code 83 flex track

Just using Atlas Code 83 flex track. Joining with Atlas universal metal 100/83 joiners. So to clarify: track joiners are not parallel to each other, but slight apart from each other? Soldering the tracks before laying seems a good idea. Hope the soldered joints don't come apart when laying...
  2. D

It's a permanent track plan. I'l try using long nails which will drive into the plywood under the 1 1/2 inch foam.
  3. D

Track radius is 18 inch maximum, on 1 1/2 inch foam on top of plywood.
  4. D

Thanks for the response. I am using 83/100, didn't know 83 only is better. They are brand new. Hard time finding only code 83. Better to use plastic or metal joiners? I have Atlas 36 inch flex track, which will be permanent once laid. I have 1 1/2 inch foam on top of plywood, so I will need...
  5. D

First time model builder. Having difficulty with joining track together on curves, 18 inch radius or so. Joins will not stay together when I move to the next piece because of curves. Should I solder each join before I move to the next one? Wonder if that would hold them, but often the new join...
  6. D

HO track dilemma

Well, duh on me!!! Thank you, don't know "wye":-)) I didn't think of this. I'm sure it will work fine. Thanks again.......................
  7. D

HO track dilemma

Starting my first model HO railroad. I'm stuck with a track question: I have two tracks not exactly parallel and need to be joined together and continue as one track. I purchased two turnouts, one for each track, both turnouts will converge on each other, and be joined together to form one track...

Back