Search results

1. L

Need Help With Wiring Again - track now dead.

I'm a novice here. Running a HO gauge single line on a "U' shaped layout in my attic (two 4 X 8 plywood connected my a 3 X 3 plywood sheet). I had previously been able to run an engine completely around the train layout but with stoppages that required my giving the engine a nudge to get going...
  2. L

Need advice on wiring

I'm about to wire up my HO train layout. The instructional videos talk about a wide range of wire sizes used for running bus lines and feeder lines depending upon who is doing the video. I have a lot of 12 gauge and 16 gauge wire. Would they be acceptable for running bus lines and feeder lines...
  3. L

Novice needs advice on track for HO gauge lay out

I am a first timer at this and need some advice. Over the years I have acquired lots of donated track from people who heard I wanted to build a train layout in retirement. I now have a hodge podge collection of brass track (mostly Atlas, Tyco, Lionel and some stamped just made in Italy or...
  4. L

Looking for source of HO gauge scale ships

Fairly new to train modeling. I am creating a train layout that includes periods of my life. I am looking for a source for HO gauge scale ships. I am recreating a Viet Nam scene on backside of train layout, probably Cam Rhanh Bay, where we were docked and offloaded supplies throughout my...
  5. L

Novice needs advise

Hi. I am a novice when it comes to building a HO gauge model railroad. The last time I worked with model trains was in 1976 with a simple oval track on piece of plywood for my son. Now the Covid-19 pandemic is here and I want to build a train layout to have fun with my great grandsons when...

Back