Search results

1. L

Need Help With Wiring Again - track now dead.

Thanks for the feed back so far. Again I'm a novice to all of this so bear with me. First, I will check out the feeder connection to make sure they are all connected to the correct rails. If I find wires that are crossed, I left enough lead on the feeders that I can clip and reinstall to the...
  2. L

Need Help With Wiring Again - track now dead.

I'm a novice here. Running a HO gauge single line on a "U' shaped layout in my attic (two 4 X 8 plywood connected my a 3 X 3 plywood sheet). I had previously been able to run an engine completely around the train layout but with stoppages that required my giving the engine a nudge to get going...
  3. L

Need advice on wiring

Thank you! Just wanted to thank everyone for their responses and advice. I feel confident going forward with my wiring now. I have two 4 X 8 sheets of plywood with a 3 x 4 connecting panel, making a U shape. Keeping things simple to start with, so just a single, DC track. Planning on using...
  4. L

Need advice on wiring

Thanks for your input. Lots of good advice coming in.
  5. L

Need advice on wiring

6. L

Need advice on wiring

7. L

Need advice on wiring

8. L

Need advice on wiring

9. L

Need advice on wiring

Thanks for you input.
  10. L

Need advice on wiring

Thanks for your input.
  11. L

Need advice on wiring

I'm about to wire up my HO train layout. The instructional videos talk about a wide range of wire sizes used for running bus lines and feeder lines depending upon who is doing the video. I have a lot of 12 gauge and 16 gauge wire. Would they be acceptable for running bus lines and feeder lines...
  12. L

Novice needs advice on track for HO gauge lay out

I am a first timer at this and need some advice. Over the years I have acquired lots of donated track from people who heard I wanted to build a train layout in retirement. I now have a hodge podge collection of brass track (mostly Atlas, Tyco, Lionel and some stamped just made in Italy or...
  13. L

Looking for source of HO gauge scale ships

Fairly new to train modeling. I am creating a train layout that includes periods of my life. I am looking for a source for HO gauge scale ships. I am recreating a Viet Nam scene on backside of train layout, probably Cam Rhanh Bay, where we were docked and offloaded supplies throughout my...
  14. L

Novice needs advise

So would I just run one bus line to this area or should I run lines at intervals around the track?
  15. L

Novice needs advise

It's right about where the hammer is laying next to the track and on opposite side of layout from power supply, so you are correct.
  16. L

Novice needs advise

Just wanted to say thanks again. I ditched the turnouts and extra power packs and just went to expanded loop like you advised. Got engines running on it, though I've got one spot where engine bogs down that I need to play with. I created a yard above the layout to store rolling stock and...
  17. L

Novice needs advise

Thanks for the input
  18. L

Novice needs advise

Thank you so much!
  19. L

Novice needs advise

Hi. I am a novice when it comes to building a HO gauge model railroad. The last time I worked with model trains was in 1976 with a simple oval track on piece of plywood for my son. Now the Covid-19 pandemic is here and I want to build a train layout to have fun with my great grandsons when...

Back