Search results

1. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I think I have isolated the issue. Every time I remove the worm gear cover it runs fine, I have tried a couple other covers and it still is binding somewhere. Even filed down the inside a bit still causes the issue, like there it's enough room under the cover but it's the same as rear end and I...
  2. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I bypassed the lighting board on my hardwired units - But I think I have isolated the issue. Every time I remove the worm gear cover it runs fine, I have tried a couple other covers and it still is binding somewhere. Even filed down the inside a bit still causes the issue, like there it's...
  3. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I did those changes to the CV’s and forward went super fast and reverse would not go until my NCE power cab was up around 30-40 and just jumped. What are your thoughts on that? Thanks T.C.
  4. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I tried a Digitrax DH 165LO plug in, and the latest is a NCE hard wired decoder same issues with both, I what your talking about have done that of some of my other Proto installs,
  5. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I agree I don’t think it’s the decoder either with trying 2 different ones, 1 plug in and 1 hard wired but I give those other settings a try
  6. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I was sure hoping that was it, But with the NCE decoder in I checked CV57 and it was set to =0. I didn't try both, but would think if one of them didn't change the problem it would be the same for the other. Thanks Ken, will keep searching T.C.
  7. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I was sure hoping that was it, but I checked the NCE decoder and CV 57 is set to zero
  8. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

Hi Greg I have done that a couple times now, but I appreciate all the tips I will try anything at this point, The Walther's tech said to make sure all 6 bushing are lubed good. I did the 2 on each side of the worm gears, but I not finding the other 2 he's referring too. Thanks, T.C.
  9. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

cleaned wheels and wheels where set to correct gauge, still the same
  10. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

Even if I have tried 2 different decoders?
  11. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

Thanks so much, will double check both!
  12. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

Done both - Here is what I have done/tried so far - - I have took it apart clean and re lubed all gears and bearings [I have had to replace gears in a few of my other proto’s] tried both motors, cleaned the pick ups, installed 2 different decoders [Digitrax DH165LO] & just tried a hard wired...
  13. T

Proto 2000 GP38-2 Issues

I have a Proto 2000 GP38-2 that I installed a Digitrax DH165LO decoder in. It’s having issues jerking/running sluggish in low speeds [especially in reverse] When increasing the speed it will hardly move. I took it apart and clean the gears, made sure they weren’t split, lubed and made sure...

Back