Search results

1. GeeTee

Running Bear’s June 2021 Coffee Shop

Usually you get it for less than the store price with the discount. 15 -20%.
  2. GeeTee

AMAZING DETAIL TANK CARS and why you need them!

Complete and utter garbage nobody is trashing anything, and Ken Patterson can stuff it.
  3. GeeTee

Sodastream shows its in stock in twozies and fourzies .
  4. GeeTee

Athearn Genesis rolling stock more expensive than everyone else now?

Where new is concerned , No not really. At some point you have to say enough is enough , no more paying $50 for 25cents worth of plastic. If you don't they'll keep raising the price till you do.
  5. GeeTee

AMAZING DETAIL TANK CARS and why you need them!

Nobody is raining on his parade. We're just giving our opinions .
  6. GeeTee

Freight car selection for switching layout

Ebay is the best bet , just try not to overpay. Look at the sold listings and see what they're going for. The best way to buy of course is in a big lot , I paid about $60 total for around 12-13 good cars and and 4 wrecks in one lot . About half the wrecks are salvageable . They come up from...
  7. GeeTee

http://prr.railfan.net/ For car selection I would recommend taking a look at the Freight Car Roster , it may not be totally complete but its the best I found . Another resource https://rrmuseumpa.org/ roster list and virtual tours. A few pics from my "collection" , these might give you...
  8. GeeTee

There's a significant number of people that are either undocumented or they're self employed (getting paid in cash) , and for various reasons don't file a tax return so they're not eligible for benifits like unemployment or stimulus.
  9. GeeTee

Freight depot would usually be box in , truck out and truck in box out.
  10. GeeTee

Looking for info on a couple eBay ore cars

apparently its quite common to convert those to HOn3 , Tichy sells them in pairs and 6 packs (12cars ) $65 at Micromark which is $5 a car , which is insanely cheap compared to anything in market today .
  11. GeeTee

In Texas, most of them will probably be tenants of sufferance ,meaning they no longer have a valid lease since they failed to pay , So the landlord can post a notice to vacate with 3 days. If they fail to comply you can file eviction on them ($100 - $150) . Thats why cities like Austin usually...
  12. GeeTee

Every once in while the Swap has a really good deal , I have only used it once though . Lately it seems to getting a few dealers in it. You should be Ok as long as you didn't use Paypal F&F. If I were a landlord in Austin with single family dwellings and couldn't get my rent and / or any...
  13. GeeTee

Looking for info on a couple eBay ore cars

They appear to be reguaged #4012 Tichy's but I can't be certain.
  14. GeeTee

Plastic vs Metal axles

Only if there ferrous and I don't know of anybody using steel axles anymore.
  15. GeeTee

Plastic vs Metal axles

Most freight wheels are 33" on older rolling stock , 36" on passenger and I believe some newer freight . I use both metal and plastic axle , usually the metal axles have less friction , The plastic ones do ok in plastic non sprung trucks . In metal trucks the metal axles can have substantially...
  16. GeeTee

The best indicator for economic strength I've found is the weekly Petroleum Status Report the refinery usage is still only 16million /day and thats rosy number they actually built 15 million refined inventory last week , so they're refining it in faster than its being used. pre 2008 it peaked...
  17. GeeTee

They still haven't allowed evictions here the last I heard , thats probably next. Some of the cities did manage to pass "no camping" bans . I don't think the financial markets have realized how much unsecured debt thats built up over the last year . 10 to 20 % of the city could be living on...
  18. GeeTee

Best place to buy electronic parts?

https://powerwerx.com/ also has zip cord and Anderson Powerpole. Mouser has pretty much put everybody out here in Texas , except for maybe Ace in Houston . I just now realized that Fry's is gone as of Feb.
  19. GeeTee

Best place to buy electronic parts?

All Electronics and Jameco for surplus , Mouser ,Allied or Digikey for new . For Minnesota, Digikey probably would the fastest , they're out of Thief River Falls , they should be able to get it to you in 24hrs via UPS ground . Here in Texas Mouser usually can get to you in less than 24hrs...
  20. GeeTee

. Looks like Austin's bright star is going to get a dimmer , 10 +% of the customers for Austin Energy haven't paid their bills since Oct 2020 , AE said they're ending the grace period and are going to start cutting people off next week

Back