Search results

1. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Advanced Consisting and JMRI

Hello! Is there anyone here with moderate experience with JMRI? I am trying to create some consists using Decoder Pro. I have tried to create an advanced consist using my DCC system (NCE) but it didn't work as I had expected. Basically, only the lead unit responded to any commands. It also...
  2. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Passenger car lighting kits

I have a question about lighting kits for passenger cars. I have 4 Athearn Bev-Bel 6 axle passenger cars that I would like to install lighting in. I would like to find a lighting kit that is very simple to install. What would be the best choice for my needs? I have metal wheels already to go.
  3. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Making mountains

I'm currently making my mountain on my layout using the cardboard strip method and covering them with plaster infused gauze. My question is, do I need to cover the plaster cloth with plaster in order to paint and fill my mountain with scenery or can I paint over the cloth
  4. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Proto 2000 steam locomotive repair

Hello, I just bought a Proto 2000 2-8-4 Berkshire from my local hobby shop. Pere Marquette 1209 from the Heritage Steam Collection. When I run it on my layout, it makes this audible clicking noise. Normally with Proto 2000 diesel engines, it means a cracked gear. Normally a very easy repair...
  5. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

Weathering Projects

Today, I finally got around to weathering one of my steam locomotives and freight cars. This is my first attempt at weathering. I used PanPastels. Let me know how I did. Before: After: BLI CNJ 2-8-2 after weathering:
  6. Danielsville&SlackertonRR

PanPastel Weathering

I am new to the world of Model Railroad weathering. I am interested in using PanPastels to weather, but I was wondering what are the pros and cons of using PanPastels. Is there anything I need to know before using them? Any tips and tricks? Thank you.

Back