Search results

1. J

Need a little advise please.

Thanks Bob. I think I have almost enough track and most of the switches I need, nickel silver I bought about 4 years ago when I started this project.
  2. J

Need a little advise please.

I want to set up a small layout and dig out my Engines and rolling stock thats been packed up to many moons. I had the same idea about 4 years ago but maybe this time it will happen! Looking for advise about sources for switches (Atlas) right now, then structure kits, rolling stock kits, etc...
  3. J

Advice on kit-building

Ah yes. I had forgotten Duco and Ambroid. Wasn't Ambroid a kit supplier also? I think I remember my Dad having a couple of them.
  4. J

Advice on kit-building

Thanks guys. I'm going through my stuff and trying to figure out what's still good and what isn't. I'll need to do most of my purchases online, the hobby shops around here have been closed for years. John
  5. J

Advice on kit-building

DUH! Good point. I was thinking plastic but I should have been more specific. I do want to try scratch building with some wood also. John
  6. J

Advice on kit-building

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured the CA's were probably still a safe bet, but reading some forums and magazines has really shown me how far things have gone since the 70's. John
  7. J

Advice on kit-building

After a 40 year absence I want to build a small shelf style HO switching style layout. I have some old kits that I bought and never got around t assembling. Back then "super-glue" was the preferred adhesive but I am wondering if something else is used now. Thanks, John

Back