Search results

1. N

Awesome Grab on Ebay!!

Yeah, but for people using eBay or Paypal they won't cover a transaction anymore unless its sent Priority Mail which is very expensive to ship International. It doesn't show tracking after leaving the US but does have delivery confirmation.
  2. N

Awesome Grab on Ebay!!

I think the biggest reason people don't is when you ship USPS International there is no way to track the package. The best you can do is Delivery Confirmation if you use Priority Mail which runs about $20 and up even for small boxes (unless it fits in a small flat rate box)
  3. N

Buying from Trainz

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=trainz&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365 Also just lost their Top Rated Seller status recently, you can tell why by their track-record.
  4. N

Buying from Trainz

I will never again buy something from them and advice anyone who hasn't yet to stay away. They have horrible business practices and all the negative feedback on eBay is to be taken seriously. There are hundreds of reports of them selling items and then saying they are out of stock a few days...
  5. N

China. They are so funny!

Pretty sure they are more then "emerging". They plan to have at least 4 carriers in the next few years and said they could launch the first one next year. They are already testing a stealth aircraft we new nothing about, and are perhaps the biggest cyber-threat in the world. Most things I have...
  6. N

Protoypical N-Scale Log Bunks

I am in the process of talking with a couple people trying to get a prototypical Northwest log bunk created. They are a scale 11' wide compared to the standard 10' wide bunks now made. Also possibly featuring additional bracing on the bottom of the bunks. Right now I am trying to see how much...
  7. N

Logging Flat Cars?

The ones I am modeling were prior to the "hack" jobs they did. They were all 40' and 52' Flats the BN converted as far as I know. Here are a couple pictures
  8. N

Size of the Gorre and Daphetid

There were actually 3 different layouts, it was originally designed to be 4'x8' but the third and final layout took up his entire basement.
  9. N

Ebay fun

Its still really hit or miss. Some items I've sold recently have amazed me at the prices, a few could be bought new for less:confused: Then there are others that get no bids that you are almost giving away, its makes no sense half the time. I have learned that unless you have to get a...
  10. N

Start of my New Camas Prairie Layout.

Well got most of the plaster down, just need to do some final fills and then lay down some smooth it for the road area. Construction on the sawmill is going to start next, as well as the corner of a mill pond.
  11. N

Real or model

Wow!! Some of those models are amazing! Where did you find the pics?
  12. N

Quick little update. Mountains are in and I couldn't resist placing a train on the tracks for a photo op!
  13. N

Well I'm not planning on doing much of the line past the Port of Wilma. Also while not known for long trains, there were logger trains coming out of Orofino that often topped 200 cars!!!!
  14. N

A Rock Shop for the In-ko-pah Railroad

Wow is all I can say.:eek: Those night shots could pass off for the real thing without a doubt.
  15. N

Well it was the perfect height for what I needed and I had it laying around so yeah, its permanent :) I'm not using it throughout the layout though so I'm not to worried.
  16. N

Well it has been awhile but here are some updates. I have the benchwork done and mostly wired. I am running Caboose Ground Throws on the turnouts in the back and the more hidden turnouts and Blue Point under layout switches on the front and yard switches. All the track is laid and tested...
  17. N

Real or model

Honestly it did have me going for a while so I was just searching around and trying to find pictures of various cars in the picture to see if I could find differences and just happened to stumble upon the picture, dumb luck I guess :)
  18. N

Real or model

Real, here's the full picture: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1395476
  19. N

What do I have here, Aristo-Craft power pack question.

I recently purchased a large HO scale lot and one of the items I got was a Aristo-Craft 5471 Train Engineer walk around throttle system. I am planning on reselling it as I am going DCC but not sure what all I got as I haven't been able to find all the pieces included in this set elsewhere...
  20. N

Under table switch options.

I know there are several threads floating around about manual switch options. I am using code 55 Atlas track. I was planning on using Caboose Industries ground throws until I realized there won't be enough clearance in the yard area. There is a double track running along the ladder as you can...

Back