Search results

1. D

Plastic vs Metal axles

Thanks everyone for the input!!!
  2. D

Plastic vs Metal axles

Hey everyone, Looking to purchase some 36" metal wheel sets to replace plastic wheels on rolling stock. I see that you have the option of plastic or metal axles. Any input is appreciated on which is preferred, or if it matters?....... Thanks, Will Bend, Oregon
  3. D

Need help constructing a spray booth

perfect, thanks!!
  4. D

Great, thank you!!!
  5. D

Awesome Dave, thanks!!!!!
  6. D

Hello, I want to get into airbrushing so I thought I would build a spray booth from scratch. Who has experience in this area that could give some tips? I am considering using either a used oven hood or bathroom exhaust fan as the exhaust motor. Does anyone have a preference or experience with...
  7. D

Re-painting HO shipping containers, need advice

Hello, I am re-painting a bunch of my HO shipping containers. They are white and I am painting them brown, red and orange. Will the classic can of Krylon work or will that apply too thick? Would airbrushing be a better choice? Thanks for any advice!! Will
  8. D

Help this novice with starting a layout

good info, thanks for replying!!
  9. D

I am into modern big power in regards to loco's. I like the paint schemes of each class I railroad for one reason or another, so I have a medley of locomotives. Of course I am limited with 4x8 so not sure what industry to go with, still figuring out the track layout. But I really enjoy the grain...
  10. D

Thanks for the clarification on things, this is all very informative for me!!!
  11. D

Great point on digging out scenery. Thank you for replying!!
  12. D

Very helpful indeed, all great stuff. Thanks for replying!!
  13. D

Sounds good, thanks for the feedback!!
  14. D

Thank you James, nice job on your benchwork!! I love that laser level
  15. D

Thanks Bob for the feedback!! I'm okay pulling the foam, as it is a blank canvas. Better to do it now. Whats your thoughts on the thickness overall of plywood and foam combined? Will it be a problem for the switch motors or will they still work if there is a long throw between the motor and switch?
  16. D

Hello, My name is Will and this is my first thread as I am a new member. I am an HO guy and am starting a 4x8 DCC layout during this almighty shutdown!! I have watched youtube vids and read some articles but still have some questions. 1- I built framework and glued 2" foamboard directly to...

Back