Search results

1. str8edgRxRguy

How are You Spending the Stimulus Money?

yeah...today alone - here in C-bus Ohio - I saw at least 15 Ford F-250's; Jeeps, and Dodge Rams that were ready for a rock crawl in Moab, but had never seen anything more aggressive than the driveway apron of the Pressboard Estates "mansion" that they live at... I am just looking for a little...
  2. str8edgRxRguy

NEW MEMBER SAYING HELLO!

wow...that space looks EXACTLY like the area at my parents new house where dad wants to do a G scale layout. I can't wait to show him these pics!! Awesome layout
  3. str8edgRxRguy

Beginner New Member

also, I am about 2 years out from getting a house as well, and my plan right now is to start getting some of the stock and scenery, and do stuff like that now...the painting; detailing. Get it so that when the space opens up, the little stuff is already done.
  4. str8edgRxRguy

Beginner New Member

also sort of strapped for space now, so my suggestion is start with something that can be the nucleus of a larger set up later. I agree that N is too small for aging eyes...so maybe start thinking about what you will do when you have the bigger space, and make this a part of that later. dad was...
  5. str8edgRxRguy

How are You Spending the Stimulus Money?

yep...went down to 0 dependents...didn't help Oh, I have voted in every election sine I turned 18. I actually take election days off from work. and yeah, I quit reading news papers years ago. I mostly get my world news from over seas entities...BBC, Reuters etc... but anywho, I learned not...
  6. str8edgRxRguy

Question about Canadian Pacific RR cars and engines

that is a ton of great stuff cv_acr!!! I am even more excited to get this project going!! and you are right, the 70's did seem to be a cool era for trains. I live in Central Ohio, and I remember seeing the change over with Conrail in real life as we lived 0.5 miles from one of the busy train...
  7. str8edgRxRguy

cool guys!! Will check all of these out!
  8. str8edgRxRguy

So, I finally am starting to envision my first set up after 30 years, and it is going to be based around a little logging town in Canada that my Boy Scout troop would go to for camping. The rail line that went through there in the 70's and 80's was CPR. Just wondering if any of you have good...
  9. str8edgRxRguy

Are You a Toy Train Junkie? Don't worry, You are Not Alone and it's Not Fatal

totally understood!! I collected my cards the same way until my 20's...college...and then had to take some time off. Same with my trains. I only collect sets, and individual players/teams, and just collect base sets and the like. I don't get into all the relic cards, and the boxes that are...
  10. str8edgRxRguy

Are You a Toy Train Junkie? Don't worry, You are Not Alone and it's Not Fatal

like a few have said above, I have to "ration" my hobby time...and spending. My main hobby is also collecting football, hockey, and baseball cards...I have over 100,000 cards and other memorabilia...that hobby has gotten NUTZ over the past 30 years as far as what you can spend....(bruette..if...
  11. str8edgRxRguy

How Will the Pandemic Impact the Model Railroad World?

I live in between 2 stores that have survived since at least the 50's, so I hope they continue on...it has been wierd to not be able to just pop up to the store and kill some time but, it has also been good b/c I have done a lot of purging to make space for a set up area....
  12. str8edgRxRguy

sweet!! I got into Warhammer back in the 80's when it first came out, but man, it started to get costly...most of my friends from that era still play. I decided I wanted to spend my money on drums and trains instead...good ties though!!
  13. str8edgRxRguy

Layout Design software/programs

yep...over the weekend, I found this, and have been happily messing with it now!!! The rest of quarantine world is not going to be so bad now....
  14. str8edgRxRguy

Vintage Railroad Ads

my grandfather worked at the Columbus factory of Buckeye Steel Castings for a few years...then went to Columbus auto parts for the rest of his career...
  15. str8edgRxRguy

Vintage Railroad Ads

this is true on soooo many levels!!!
  16. str8edgRxRguy

Vintage Railroad Ads

I love this kind of imagery!!!
  17. str8edgRxRguy

awesome info so far everyone!! This gives me a lot of stuff to check out. I also most likely plan on using the computer stuff for preliminary try outs, and will then do pencil/paper work for the more detailed level. I do have some time to possibly learn some of the more technical CAD based...
  18. str8edgRxRguy

I searced the forum this, and nothing specific came up, so: do any of you guys use any model railroad specific software, or apps to design your layouts? If so, what is the one you like the most? Do people still do it by hand on graph paper? my instinct is to get out the graph paper and do it...
  19. str8edgRxRguy

Show Your Face

Here I am about 2 years ago at my other hobby: falling off bikes in the woods and then, last fall, after scoring tickets to the Steelers/Browns game in Pittsburgh (I am from C-bus Ohio)
  20. str8edgRxRguy

Old engines running on new track (electrical question)

I will keep that in mind...a lot of it will be determined by my final allowance of space... and I was not thinking of a loop within a loop for those reasons, but was thinking of something more twisty and turny, with bridges etc...was also thinking of keeping the older track specifically for the...

Back