Search results

1. Clang

Streetcar on a Shelf Project

I’m looking for advice to help me determine the layout of my project. I’m designing a shelf as an open box with the street scene on the top and the support equipment below. I arbitrarily picked 12” for the depth of the shelf, I don’t know how deep is practical for my application. I’ll...
  2. Clang

Streetcar on a Shelf Project

My plan is to build a street scene with a street car on a shelf (I don’t have room for a railroad setup). I’m new to the hobby and I’ve found a lot of information on this forum. The scope of my project is to run a streetcar 10-12 feet back & forth with some stops and streetcar sounds, plus...
  3. Clang

DCS Remote Cable

The cable you linked is what I need. Thanks. The power supply has a connector that mates with the Aux Power Input connection which seems to power the unit but not the track. I found pictures showing the TIU connected in a system. I didn't understand why I had no power to the track. I didn't...
  4. Clang

DCS Remote Cable

I bought an MTH TIU with Remote on Ebay and it doesn't have the interface cable. Does anyone know what kind of cable it is? I have not found a part number for it on the MTH site. I'm hoping it is a standard cable and not a proprietary cable.
  5. Clang

O Scale Track

Thanks
  6. Clang

O Scale Track

I'm new to the hobby. I'm wondering if there is a difference in O scale track? Is there a difference in quality between manufacturers? For my project I only need straight track (I bought a Rail King PCC streetcar for a street scene). I want to embed the track in the street, no track bed.
  7. Clang

Newbie Looking for Control Information

I’m looking at a Railking PCC streetcar (O-scale with protosound 3) for my streetcar- - street scene on a shelf project. Looking at the MTH architecture I need a power supply, DCS hand held remote control, track interface unit, and an accessory Interface unit (to control any lighting and other...
  8. Clang

Looking into a trolley setup

My plan is to make a diorama of a street scene and have a trolley travel back and forth making stops and noises along the way. My grand plan is bigger than my skills & knowledge so I'll have to make it happen in stages. First up is to decide on HO or O-scale to determine the depth of the shelf...
  9. Clang

The scenery is great. I'll be looking into store fronts to keep the shelf size reasonable.
  10. Clang

Those are very nice. I'm leaning towards the brass cars because they are more detailed.
  11. Clang

Thank you for the information. I plan on finding a trolley/streetcar then build a street scene for it. I was favoring O-scale but I think HO has more options. I hadn't thought about overhead wiring, it is something to consider. I like the look of the Bachmann Birney and the brass trolleys on...
  12. Clang

I've always been interested in model trains but I don't have room for a model train layout. I do have space for an 8 foot shelf. I’m looking into building a trolley/street scene. I don’t know the technology, I’m coming here to learn about it. My searches so far show that Trolleys to be a...

Back