Search results

1. Mingo Assist

modern model railroads

I see it but not for ALONG time, especially like here in the Ohio Valley. First its gonna take MILLIONS to modify cars to auto uncouple. Then your smaller companys that have sidings that want personalized switching service {we have a few down here} may not have the money to make the track mods...
  2. Mingo Assist

Sure has been fun around here

Ive been a heavy modeler for about 30 years and had we had this back in the day I would have been much much better than I am today. Im new to this forum and am a member of another forum for another hobby I have and both are excellant. I have ALOT to learn yet in modeling and after looking at...
  3. Mingo Assist

Length of train

On the main line I run up to 20 to 29, I have run 38 in the past however due to speeds and sidings this presented an interesting situation when I started my small town switching operations. I switch 34 to 56 cars on the 3 yards while running a frequent main line. My model uses the actual days...
  4. Mingo Assist

Maybe a silly question...

I have used 3 items, Skewer typa thingy I rigged up using a kabob rod for a grill, I also placed 2 magnetic rods in a pattern along the inside of my rails in the yards { ran some thread to a box from them so they look like a detector and not 2 magnets} and team track sidings for my Kadee's.As...
  5. Mingo Assist

Happy Thanksgiving!

Blessed be to you all... Happppyyy Turkey Day.
  6. Mingo Assist

modern model railroads

I tell you what Gapple, you talk that way around our yard youde be lucky to make it home. Thats a big issue right now..there has been talk of 1 man trains in the recent past and it didnt go over well, you go to unmanned you can kiss a city goodbye if something goes wrong..unmanned trains are...
  7. Mingo Assist

Anyone have this in a kit yet ?

12 Hour Day WHY THANK YOU TRUSS......LOL It was an all day project ..AND talk about the camera mods it took to make it look the way it did... I used a telescope in reverse..LOL This one and the 300 is in from Conway PA for the Midland jobs. Im gonna try and throw em on my layout...
  8. Mingo Assist

modern model railroads

I model the Erie Lack as if it were still runnin today...does that count..lol However, my EL wide body AC unit does look a little wierd, and the UBU and BLE union is getting upset with my engineers.....
  9. Mingo Assist

Thanks all, I checked em out , they dont have it yet but Ill keep checking back.. Looks like an easy unit to Kitbash...see what I can do
  10. Mingo Assist

Curious if anyone has these new rp20bd's yet ??
  11. Mingo Assist

RR Jokes

A engineer and his wife went to the doctor for her weekly pregnancy checkup when the doctor told her "get in the same position you were during conception" she replied " Do I have to get back on the locomotives steps.....
  12. Mingo Assist

gotta take the bad with the good

WOW, Well I stand corrected and I apologize, we were always told this was an industry item....hmmmm of course I guess now thats why they call us old blue boys EXcon's.. LOL
  13. Mingo Assist

Another Noobie

Welcome aboard PA I think the only time at work ive ever only seen a perfect lashup is the unit coal trains we run, some times the triple crown maybe but other than that a mix up is very normal... Hope this new hobby stays with you for a long time along with its excitement and surprises.
  14. Mingo Assist

gotta take the bad with the good

old I to am sorry to hear about your grandfather, However I have a question, how did he come about obtaining asbestos ?? I know it was used for pipe insulation and etc etc years ago, did he work somewhere where he was able to get his hands on it ? When I was just out of school I was on a...
  15. Mingo Assist

Question for smoke/zephyr.mtrpls

Anymore it seems the PC and print is the way to go, Back in the day I used Champs..they changed over the years and the quality was no where near what I remember..
  16. Mingo Assist

Model Train prices going way up.

In my area I also have heard commercials MAJORLY promoting model railroading for kids to get them away from the computer, The NMRA has 2 going on the radio in the Pittsburgh area I have heard also. Another thing is Christmas, cant forget the Lead issue and as already mentioned, petrolium. All...
  17. Mingo Assist

Weirdest Locomotive

I must say I think its this Japanese WW2 DB3
  18. Mingo Assist

where do you get your info

work and memories
  19. Mingo Assist

A Bone to Pick with Walthers!

Work Truss The wide body was an engine we dumped at the Sammis plant here in town. Known as the C30 that is a usual coal train for the power plant here and I was the assist on it. I work out of Mingo Junction Yard and we get alot of them wide bodys in from Rockport yard in Cleveland Ohio on...
  20. Mingo Assist

A Bone to Pick with Walthers!

Truss Dont take me wrong, Im just stating how my little towns hobby shop works{ Custom Hobbies , Wintersville Ohio}. I cant make statement now for ALL locations. Gene {recently passed} the owner ""had a constant rotation of scenery and track that sold on a regular basis and Walthers kept it...

Back