Search results

1. frolf_king

Train Shows in Texas

Thanks guys, I will see what I can come up with. If nothing else I guess we will just go fishing tomorrow. We will have to go early because it will be in the 100's. Today the high was 103 and feels like 112. Now that is hot.
  2. frolf_king

Train Shows in Texas

I was looking for shows, my wife has cut me off on the train buying for awhile. :( I know about the one in Temple but I am not sure where or when they have it. I was hoping that there was a link that showed dates and location.
  3. frolf_king

Train Shows in Texas

Can anyone provide me with a search engine to find train shows in my area? I have been looking online but have had no luck. Most of the ones I find are very busy and hard to work with. Any help would be great. I live in Waco, Texas and I am looking for something to do with my son this...
  4. frolf_king

Tunnel cover

Ok, I figured out how to beat Murphy and moved the tunnel to the other side of the track so it will be easily accessible. I am still working on the layout and covering it. I will send pics soon... My next question…I want to add a second track to the layout and I want it to go up and run...
  5. frolf_king

Tunnel cover

Yes, I also Murphy and we have had words before. I see what I can do about an access point. Right now yes I can pick it up and move it if I need to, and I think I will take your advice and go with the foam to keep it light and to practice my sculpting techniques. Shawn63 that really...
  6. frolf_king

Tunnel cover

Newby here... I am starting a layout for the first time so I am not sure on a lot of what i am doing. I don't have a theme yet but I know I want it to be mountainous and rural in general. I built a tunnel out of particle board and now I want to cover it to make it look like a mountain...
  7. frolf_king

Layout software

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is great!!!!!!!!!!!! This (Anyone know of a free download for layout software?) should have been my first question when I joined. By using this you know what to buy and if it will work or not. I have just been going blind, staring at the plywood trying...
  8. frolf_king

Layout software

Didn't see that when I downloaded the file. I just clicked download.
  9. frolf_king

Layout software

Coooooool!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks I will do that.
  10. frolf_king

Layout software

Cool Got it... Thanks.... May have to take a class to figure out how to use it. heheheheheh Thanks again
  11. frolf_king

Layout software

Anyone know of a free download for layout software?
  12. frolf_king

Merry Christmas

HO HO HO and a Merry Christmas to all.........
  13. frolf_king

New Here

Welcome aboard.... CanuckMark is right. They treat newbies well here. I have had lots of questions and came away with great ideas and answers. The Sir help on this forum is the best that I have found. It is a shame that you have to run your railroad on the floor. Hope to see you up...
  14. frolf_king

Show Your Face

Here I am with my son Landon. We are in his room and above is the Landon express. [/ATTACH] Working on HO scale track right now.....
  15. frolf_king

Homemade HO and O scale Tunnel specs

Cool. I will try that out. Thanks.
  16. frolf_king

Homemade HO and O scale Tunnel specs

Newbie here. HELP!!!! :confused: I would like to build my own mountain side w/tunnel but I am not sure how to go about it. I know they sell molds and molding materials but are there any house hold materials that could be used? Like Styrofoam (messy I know), or something similar that...
  17. frolf_king

HO Flex Track

Cool, thanks again for all your help. I will take it all in and get back to work. Trian Roll on..........
  18. frolf_king

HO Flex Track

Any suggestions on an easy way to hook up the switch?
  19. frolf_king

HO Flex Track

Ok, thanks for the info. Thanks CP for the heads up on the center track connection. Didn't even think about that. I will get er done............
  20. frolf_king

HO Flex Track

Ok, guys I have got the train running and I have a layout that I think will work. I have added some pics so that you guys can tell me why it will not work or maybe, good job that should work. The inside track has not been connected because I have to buy the turnouts to make it all work......If...

Back