Search results

1. A

Forney Fails, Following Fall....

Hello all, I recently had the misfortune to watch helplessly as my (almost) new Bachmann 2-4-4 Forney took a tumble from the layout track and landed on the carpet. <Ouch> :eek: The mishap broke the rear bogie (truck) from the king pin, as well as tearing the two contact wires from their...
  2. A

Operational boom gates EXPLAINED!

Hello all, Eureka! :D That's what it amounted to when I had the germ of an idea the other morning upon waking.... It took only an hour or two to put the thing together, and I was rewarded by finding that it worked, first time! My problem was how to drive TWO boom gates together, and...
  3. A

Operational Level Crossing Boom Gates???

Hello all, I'm of a mind to add a pair of operating boom gates to my 1950s era level crossing on my modular On30 railway. I have scratchbuilt the crossing signals, powered by 3mm red LEDs, added the appropriate signs, and have sourced a very good digital 'clang-clang-clang' sound for the...
  4. A

1:48 Willys (Jeep) Trucks and Wagons?

Hi Guys, I'm trying to source some (any) models of Willys trucks or station wagons from the 1950s - 1960s (they didn't alter that much over two decades) as a very necessary addition to my current On30 layout. (See pic.) EKO in Spain make a passable wagon in HO, and there are any number of...
  5. A

Atlas turntable

Hi guys, I have just purchased an Atlas #305 HO turntable, and after mounting the motor drive unit to it, I find that it works fine and is fairly quiet in clockwise rotation, but if I try to reverse it to anti clockwise, it still works OK but the chattering noise is unacceptable. The motor...
  6. A

How wide is that wagon?

Hi You Blokes, Thanks for your prompt assistance with my previous question. I am just starting to get into On30, and am finding it a real buzz. The only thing missing is more TIME! (But what modeller has all that he needs?) My poser is this. Assuming an On30 gauge of 2' 6", what...
  7. A

Narrow gauge??

Hi Guys, Please forgive my ignorance, but I thought I understood the collective jargon that is applied to the various scales and their narrow gauge derivatives. But can anyone explain to me the difference between On3 and On30? (What a time of life to be getting into O scale..........)...
  8. A

Circuitron AW-1 Arc Welder Circuit Problems

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum, but I'm hoping that someone may be able to give me some assistance. I have recently purchased three (3) of the Circuitron AW-1 Circuits from Walthers, and have managed to destroy every one, either due to short circuits, bad wiring, or clumsiness, I'm not...

Back