Search results

1. Robots_walk_the_earth

Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

That’s got it. Let’s try this again.. stuck inside. Working this puzzle. Also working this 4 roses single barrel.
  2. Robots_walk_the_earth

Not sure why it keeps showing up upside down. It’s correct on my phone. I blame the Rona.
  3. Robots_walk_the_earth

What’s up train gang. Got this in the mail the other day. Starting it tonight. Hope everyone is staying in and safe. Cheers!
  4. Robots_walk_the_earth

Measuring track on my layout

If you like Math Science and calculations you could get your engine up to a good speed and time how long it takes to travel 1 foot. Then run your train with a timer. Kind of like figuring MPH but I guess it would be FOT(feet of track). But string will probable work better. Less fun, but more...
  5. Robots_walk_the_earth

Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

I read this whole post. All I retained was “lava lamp”. :p
  6. Robots_walk_the_earth

Walther's NMRBO contest

Makes sense. I always find it odd how some states do that. Like it’s a law that was written ages ago for some reason that’s not even a concern anymore. Changing policy is like stopping an aircraft carrier, or more apropos, stopping a mile long freight train; takes forever.
  7. Robots_walk_the_earth

Walther's NMRBO contest

I won’t be entering but I found this curious... Contest is open to residents of the U.S. excluding Colorado, Maryland and North Dakota. I wonder what those states did to Walthers to piss them off?
  8. Robots_walk_the_earth

Laying Flextrack

They’d have a much easier time if they used caulking to hold the track down.
  9. Robots_walk_the_earth

Running Bear's February 2020 Coffee Shop

I love this switcher!! Always like when it gets posted
  10. Robots_walk_the_earth

Jack needs help

I am waiting with baited breath.
  11. Robots_walk_the_earth

What Era do you Model?

Ha! That’s exactly what we just all talked about!! :D
  12. Robots_walk_the_earth

Patrick: please share a pic of the chess board once you finish it. I’ve toyed with making one myself.
  13. Robots_walk_the_earth

Jack needs help

I think Jack May be, how do you say... “taking the piss”
  14. Robots_walk_the_earth

What Era do you Model?

Must have been the accent?
  15. Robots_walk_the_earth

Greg/Flip: agree whole heartedly with that sentiment. “If you don’t have time to do it right the first time, how will you have time to do it again?” As the NEC code book says(I’m an electrician) “...neat and workman like manner” pertaining to any work being done weather exposed or not.
  16. Robots_walk_the_earth

What Era do you Model?

I’ll take a stab at it... Less people polled means greater margins of error. let’s say there are 1 million MRRs in the world. You’ve polled about 30. That is a fraction of a fraction; making the poll pretty isolated. But, you are basically polling the more active members of this one site...
  17. Robots_walk_the_earth

What Era do you Model?

Haha, well put.
  18. Robots_walk_the_earth

Rest in peace Kirk Douglas

How on earth?? Does not compute.
  19. Robots_walk_the_earth

Building my first layout

You’ve touched on a few of my concerns. As far as the track they still make 70. I believe n scale 70 is to HO scale 100 and 55 is to 83. I do plan on installing all 55 as I’m going for a more prototypical look. As far as the engines are concerned I know they will need a ton of work. I wasn’t...
  20. Robots_walk_the_earth

The Life Span of a DCC Decoder

A well thought out and informative answer that’s bursting with info...:rolleyes:

Back