Search results

1. W

Thomas and DCC

see http://www.tcsdcc.com/Installation_list_by_Manufacter.htm for information on installing dcc in specific thomas engines under bachman.
  2. W

Southern Washington

i live in the sf bay area. the rr i am modeling is a fictitious shortline (modoc and lassen) connected to the espee somewhere in the sierras.
  3. W

Southern Washington

did you check the nmra. here is a link to the second division of the pacific northwest region http://pnr.nmra.org/2div/ they may be able to help you locate the club or person you are looking for.
  4. W

Yuba/Sutter/Butte California

make a printout of the website page and ask the lhs if they will post it. this site may also help you locate others in your area http://www.gsmrm.org/linksmodel.shtml
  5. W

Newbie Needs Help with Wiring

adding additional wiring for the track will depend on a couple of things. how large your layout is and how many trains you will run. if you are going to run more than one train at a time then should break the track into separate blocks using insulated rail joiners. if you are only running...
  6. W

Atlas RS-3

not sure how sharp the radius is for your turns. the coupler that is on the locomotive looks like the nmra horn-hook type. due to the way that coupler works it pushes to the side and when the locomotive turns to the left it will push the car following it to the outside of the curve. if you...
  7. W

just got home from work and i see that several good suggestions have been provided by others. wish you the best getting the lights working properly. you can get a computer power strip that has switches for each plug if you want to turn on lights in only parts of the layout instead of all at...
  8. W

that may be your best option. note that when you leave a transformer plugged in it is still on and drawing power unless it has its own on/off switch. leaving a transformer plugged in and running will generate quite a bit of heat. ac power adapters for things like computer printers, etc should...
  9. W

10 A 227 V AC stands for 10 amps @ 227 volts alternating current - not your typical home circuit except for some high power appliances. 20 A 125 V AC stands for 20 amps @ 125 volts alternating current - your typical home outlets are 125 volts alternating current. the last part is a...
  10. W

Anyone want a project? layout design.

it would help. point-to-point, loop-to-loop, out-and-back, multi-level or single level? how long will the trains be? should there be a classification yard and engine facilities?
  11. W

Anyone want a project? layout design.

what scale, type of railroad, minimum radius, etc?
  12. W

XtrkCAD

it is. i used it to help design my layout.
  13. W

crank pin problem

guys, thanks for the information and advice. i have had the engine in storage for a long time and had only tested it prior to putting it in storage. i had not run it any great distance at that time, so i had not found the problem prior to taking it out of storage. i have checked the clearance...
  14. W

layout finally started

the turnout in the tunnel is accessible from the side of the table. the track center is 2.5 inches from the edge there. i had originally thought of building a bridge there, but the scenery would not have worked. also, all industrial and other track except for the main and passing sidings in...
  15. W

layout finally started

if i was shorter that would have been a problem. i can reach all points with only a slight overhang on the edge to get to the center of the table. there will be two access hatches for maintenance. also, along the two long sides the tracks occupy about six inches from the edge.
  16. W

layout finally started

i finally got back into model railroading this year and now have most of the track in place for my layout. i started with the manchester and paradise track plan from model railroader and ended up with the attached. the railroad operates as a point to point going counter-clockwise from the...
  17. W

any track plan ideas?

it appears that your room is similar to the 12x12 room that model railroader has used for layout design contests. iain rice has a book "mid-sized and manageable track plans" that has several plans for that size room in it. best price i have found for it online is at...
  18. W

crank pin problem

i was finally able to take some pictures of the locomotive. they are attached.
  19. W

Looking for some ID help.

the fourth locomotive (4-4-0) looks like it was made in europe - deep flanges on wheels. i think it was made by rivarossi. the first (2-8-2 mikado) and second (4-6-2) were made in europe by rivarossi. rivarossi is now known as international hobby corporation. i don't know if they still make...
  20. W

Atlas Turnout Question

unless you buy from a lhs you would still be paying shipping. the best deal i could find including cheapest shipping rate from an online site was $68

Back