Search results

1. B

BNSF 3606 SW1000 Switcher.

Nice purchas Allan. The House of Trains is a great place!
  2. B

Omaha's Laurtzen Gardens / Kenefick Park

Not sure, but there is usually a voulenteer out there on the weekends you could talk to. The other thing, you might just call the gardens, I am sure they know who to contact.
  3. B

Architectural Wonders of the World
  4. B

Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs IA

Actually I was wrong, it came through yesterday: From the Heritage Group UP 1982 -- Arrived Clearing, IL on the QNPCH-03 on 1/4 at 3:56pm UP 1983 -- Arrived Kansas City, MO on the MTPKC-04 on 1/4 at 3:29pm UP 1988 -- Arrived Global 2, IL on the IG3G2-04 on 1/4 at 3:53pm UP 1989 --...
  5. B

If you are out there today, Keep you eyes open, the UP1982 is on its way...
  6. B

Stockyards Omaha, NE

Stockyards Omaha, NE 100 year old photos, I believe from they were from the Durham Museum Archives, but I am not sure. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20...
  7. B

Not to rub it in... I saw 2 from the I-29 bridge last sunday.
  8. B

Thanks, I thought about going out for some more today, but I took the lazy route instead...
  9. B

The BNSF makes a run over the UP bridge a bit windy... The CN unit is gone and the IC is back:
  10. B

Following the OMAX

The OMAX gets new cars!
  11. B

Saturday 11/1/2008 1. EB UP7263 a GE C44AC followed by UP7160 also a GE C44AC 2. DPU on the EB UP7263, UP6863 a GE C44AC 3. Up next, EB UP7129 a GE C44AC followed by UP6641 a GE C44ACCTE 4. DPU on the EB UP4129, UP7104 a GE C44AC 5. Next a CN local backed up out of Gibson...
  12. B

One quick one from yesterday just north of town by Honey Creek, IA:
  13. B

Thanks, I forget what railroad they bought to get in to the market, but they have a yard and office in Council Bluffs. They also have sponsorship for the Local USHL hockey team. They They use their own track, plus both UP and BNSF track to get in to Omaha. Usually they have just one...
  14. B

Few from Saturday I have been busy lately and haven't posted much... 1. Canadian National backing down in to Gibson Yard: 2. EB UP5808 3. DPU on the EB UP5808 4. EB UP7699 5. EB UP7699 6. EB UP8347 7. EB UP8347 8. DPU EB UP8347
  15. B

Two of my favorite Union Pacific Heritage Locomotives were in town over the weekend. UP placed these locomotives in a half way decent location for shooting Sunday afternoon... The UP1989, The Denver and Rio Grande Western The UP1995, The Chicago and Northwestern The two...
  16. B

The out door garden railroad is G scale. I assumed the inside one was the same? After looking at the photos I am not sure. Does G scale have track like that? The Poinsettia tree is 20+ feet tall so may be thats throwing off the scale of things?
  17. B

They are always looking for voulenteers. You basically clean track and inform the public on all things railroad (prototype and model). The trains run in circles all day. The trains run all day from Memorial Day to Laborday and I think only on the weekends after that. Once the cold comes they...
  18. B

Thanks Jim. I am 30. Not really that busy, I posted these on other forums but realizing there is not much crossover between this and railroad forums, I figured I would post them here too, so I just cut and paste them. As far as splitting them up, One, I never usually post this many pics...
  19. B

Thanks! I am not quite sure about the size, but my photos don't do it justice.... ITS HUGE! Here is a bit more information: https://www.omahabotanicalgardens.org/About_the_Garden/The_Gardens/Model_Railroad_Garden/
  20. B

9/1/2008 Memorial Day Action in Omaha 1. KSC 4006 and 4620 parked in Omaha - interesting placement. 2. BNSF 2837 Backing out of Gibson Yard Caboose First 3. BNSF 2837 Still Backing 4. BNSF 2837 Stopped 5. BNSF 2837 Pulling forward getting ready to cross on to the...

Back