Search results

1. T

Athearn GP38-2

Opened! Well I managed to get the shell off last night. I was hoping to re-route the light bulb further up in the cab to illuminate the front lights... no luck. It also looks to be short of a nightmare if I want to convert to DCC. Anyone converted one of these? I find the Athearn site has...
  2. T

Athearn GP38-2

Thanks for the welcome! Cool! thanks guys! I'll stick with the Celron handrails. I'll need to touch them up a bit with some glue as they have come loose in a few places. I'm already plotting the addition of more engines. Any advice for my next engine purchase? I am interested in UP, BNSF, GN...
  3. T

Athearn GP38-2

The engine came in a starter set, so there weren't any diagrams included. I'll check at Athearn's website. The rails are extremely brittle and flimsy. I was under the impression that the metal wire rails were more accurate to the prototypes? I've spent the last month lurking on this board...
  4. T

Athearn GP38-2

Hi all! I just started my addiction to this hobby. I bought a Athearn starter set, which lets me have something to run for the kids while I build my layout and collect more engines and running stock. my question now is this: I got a GP38-2, which has plastic hand rails. Is there s kit out...
  5. T

Atlas Turnout Question

product code 168 Product code 168 looks to be code 100 from Atlas. HTH -G
  6. T

First post and...

clarification I am not saying this is mine. Only that I wish I could convince my wife that: a) 50k is not a waste on this and b) that it could fit in our yard Although he modified the daylights out of the interior, I think its still really cool to have as a rec room/train room.
  7. T

First post and...

For those who really want the ultimate train room: caboose Might be hard to move... I'm still trying to sway the wife we could have it in the back yard :D ;)

Back