Search results

1. MeigsCountyModelRR

Name Change

Just some housekeeping for a name change to Meigs County Model Railroad. This more aptly describes me on this forum. Thanks for reading. I hope to get my model railroad going soon as soon as I get the old one tore apart and indexed.
  2. MeigsCountyModelRR

Mini-Scene Monday

As a former beekeeper, that looks great!
  3. MeigsCountyModelRR

Mini-Scene Monday

4. MeigsCountyModelRR

Running Bear’s August 2019 Coffee Shop

I work at the other end of these pictures. We unload one or two trains a day. We get PRB coal from Wyoming and we get CAP coal from IL and other locations. I will try to post some pictures of it. I'll post more as I figure it out. I've ordered a powerplant for my layout. That should be...
  5. MeigsCountyModelRR

Which track to I use

Thanks! There's so much variation, it's a lot to learn. I guess it's one of those things where a person can spend as much as he wants to. I'm seeing why this is an "aquiring" hobby over time. :)
  6. MeigsCountyModelRR

Which track to I use

I'm building HO Scale L&N (for me) and DT&I (my wife is from Michigan) railroads. From what I've seen online and on YouTube, the different brands of track don't work with each other. I want to avoid track problems before I buy any. Are some brands better than the other? Is there a difference...
  7. MeigsCountyModelRR

Selling massive estate collection

Have you thought of contacting the folks on American Pickers from the History Channel or other such people? Sometimes they buy large quantities of something.
  8. MeigsCountyModelRR

Hello from East Tennessee!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. By the way, I didn't mention it but my profile picture is at work aboard a GP-10 #4602. It has an interesting history. It was obtained from Army surplus. I got an Intermountain HO 49816-03 Paducah GP10, US Army #4614 (Equipped with ESU LokPilot Select...
  9. MeigsCountyModelRR

Hello from East Tennessee!

My grandfather (dad's side of the family) engineered the train from Etowah, TN to Corbin, KY for the L&N. My other grandfather (mom's side) worked in the shops in Etowah, TN. They used to have a large complex there through the 1970s. Also, I unload coal cars from time to time at the plant...

Back