Search results

1. MoPac_Eagle

Make your own crushed ballast

This will be a work in progress tutorial on how to make your own ballast from real rocks. This is should work for all scales, but I model HO scale, so you may need to change some things. It has been about 3 months since I last did this. I will probably be changing somethings as I work through it...
  2. MoPac_Eagle

HO scale Camera?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good camera that you can put on a flat car or on a gondola? I am looking for a cheap one for under $50 if possible. I tried the polaroid cube but it came with a bad battery. I would like to run it around a few different people's layouts. Any help would be...
  3. MoPac_Eagle

Good Roofing

I am building a couple different ho scale buildings and I need a good premade roofing material for them. Any ideas?
  4. MoPac_Eagle

Zinc rot

I bought a Proto 2000 GP38-2 Missouri Pacific at a train show today and it has zinc rot. I took it home and started to run it but the fuel tank was dragging so I took the shell off to see what was happening and it it cracked in two places just behind the front truck and just before the back...
  5. MoPac_Eagle

GRS Searchlight Signals need some help.

I am restoring some Searchlight signals from an old L&N mainline I acquired. I have been angle grinder sanding the paint off as I do not have a sand blaster and repainting them. I have also been trying to replace seals on them but I need help with the back door seal. They had rope seals but most...
  6. MoPac_Eagle

Need town inspiration

I am building a town on my layout and I would like pictures to see some other designs and ideas. My buildings are two stories and under and more of a business district than a residential area. It would also be cool to see miller engineering signs if anyone has any pictures of them.
  7. MoPac_Eagle

Any ideas on how to add class lights to an engine?

I am putting soundtraxx tsunami 2 decoder in a Proto 2000 Missouri Pacific FA-1 and I would like to put class lights in it any ideas? I want to put green and white class lights in no red. In the future, I will also do a GP7, E8, SD40-2, and a BL2. All Proto 2000 expect the SD40-2 which is a...
  8. MoPac_Eagle

Cheap things to get off ebay or other websites.

Add cheap thing you can get for your layout here. These I got from ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-power-distribution-board-self-adapt-distributor-HO-N-O-LED-street-light-hub/401222190571...
  9. MoPac_Eagle

Favorite Locomotive

What is your favorite steam and/or diesel locomotive in scale or prototype form? My favorite diesel is an EMD GP30 and my favorite steamer is a Baldwin Locomotive Works 4-6-4. IRM #3007 for a reference.
  10. MoPac_Eagle

Ho Weights

I am trying to weight my cars to NMRA standards but I am running out of weights and don't know were to put them on some cars. I have already replaced couplers and I am working on the wheel upgrades.
  11. MoPac_Eagle

Sealing weathering powders

What do you use to seal weathering powders? Do you have to mask off the windows of the engine? Any tips are appreciated.

Back