Search results

1. MikeM

Bachmann GS-4 Daylight Help

Take the front (pilot) truck off and run it. If its fine then you have to much down pressure on the pilot truck bar. They bend easy, just bend it so its not supporting any of the weight of the loco. It should basically just float on its own weight and the loco should push it along. Ive had to...
  2. MikeM

Removing shell from Bachmann gp38-2

Looks like the couplers are the only thing holding it on. https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HOEMDGP38-2(DCCEQUIPPED).pdf
  3. MikeM

MOTOR RECOMENDATIONS PLEASE

Depends on the level of the enthusiast. I for one would never pay top dollar for any of this stuff nor would I buy an expensive brass locomotive. I understand what you're saying but paying big bucks for a certain brand of motor when one a 10th of its cost will do that job is just not in the...
  4. MikeM

Bachmann online parts store 25% off last week

Forgot to add the layout is my wifes holiday layout.
  5. MikeM

Thanks... Most of my steam is UP or SP yeap. Yeah I wrap all the metal inside with kapton tape. Making them smoke when they are not supposed too sucks. LOL They will probably replace it for you. Its just that whole shipping thing...
  6. MikeM

So Bachmann had a 25% off on all parts last week. I purchased the parts to build a 2-10-4 and a 2-6-6-2. Picked up some vandy oil tenders to go along with them. Installed Soundtraxx Steam2 with iPhone 6 and 28mm speakers in enclosures. They both seem to be pretty good runners.
  7. MikeM

Here is a pic of one of the larger Bachmann motors I installed in a Rivarossi AC11. She ended up with right at 4.5 OZ of pulling power (loco needs more weight) with new traction tires. Also has Soundtraxx TSU-2200 and dual iPhone 6 speakers. I still need to add the class lights.
  8. MikeM

Looks like the motor for Bachmanns 2-8-8-4 is still available. https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_616&products_id=8922
  9. MikeM

Ho Weights

Or just buy weights? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XDG1JJH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  10. MikeM

Looking for steam locos that smoke

Some smoke better than others and you can make them smoke even more with mods but if my BLIs smoked anymore you couldn't run them in the house. LOL Black smoke in the house would be an instant boot to the curb. :)
  11. MikeM

Show your layout sized passenger trains

Nope, if you dont have money and space you are not allowed to even build a layout. LOL I recently joined this hobby for the first time as an adult and its pretty amazing how many a holes there are that play with trains and if you dont play with trains like they do you're doing it wrong.
  12. MikeM

Show your layout sized passenger trains

I had just installed Soundtraxx in this old Proto 2000 and was testing it on my wifes soon to be holiday layout. Pulling some BLI articulated cars with a Bachmann (only one with people in it) observation. I have three more "two car articulated" cars but that would just look silly on a 6 foot...
  13. MikeM

Moar Steam! Replaced the Paragon 3 decoder in my BLI with a TSU 2200. Still working on CVs and sounds but there is smoke in this video thats a little better than the previous vid I put up. :-) after this video while finalizing the install I cleaned up the inside of the loco and removed the...
  14. MikeM

Don't forget to Check the simple things on your DCC engines.

I edited it, you are correct, I didn't specify. :-)
  15. MikeM

Video on the test layout...
  16. MikeM

I recently started using iPhone 4 and 6 speakers. So far they are holding up and the sound is good. Price cant be beat. I just installed a Tsunami2 in this old Proto 2000 with dual iPhone 4 speakers (they are 8 ohm each in series). Also installed a small TCS current keeper.
  17. MikeM

Only video on my phone showing BLI smoke. Its a slo mo of my Challenger.
  18. MikeM

Replace DCC Decoder for Bachmann 4-8-4.

All the newer Bachmann 4-8-4s are the same underneath the shells (in fact you can buy shells from Backmann and swap them out, for example if you wanted a Daylight just order the Daylight shells (loco and tender). What I did was leave the PCB board in place on the locomotive and just trace the...

Back