Search results

1. stokesda

Container stacking question

All right, all you intermodal experts out there... I have several containers of various sizes and want to load up my double-stack well cars. I have a mix of standard height (8'6") and hi-cube (9'6") containers. Is there a rule about stacking hi-cubes on top of standard containers (or...
  2. stokesda

No more "Extreme Trains"?

I just turned on the TV to watch "Extreme Trains" on the History Channel, only to find it wasn't on. I searched the TV listings, and it doesn't show any airings in the next 2 weeks. I even went to the History channel website and even though it's still listed as a show, it doesn't have any future...
  3. stokesda

RMC February issue is shipping late

I just called Carsten's to ask about the Feb issue, because I hadn't received it yet (normally I get it in the first week or so of the month). The lady I spoke to said they had a problem and were shipping late. It should be out in the next couple of days, so expect delivery within the next week...
  4. stokesda

History Channel's Extreme Trains - Transcontinental Episode

People may be getting tired of discussing this series, but I just watched the latest installment last night and wanted to say that I was fairly pleased with it. It was a good "cradle to grave" overview of a major freight train run. It would have been nice if they went into more detail on how the...
  5. stokesda

Questions about Cement Industry, storage silos

A couple of years ago, I had a friend who switched from HO to On30, so he gave me a bunch of his HO stuff. One of the things he gave me was a Walthers "Medusa Cement Co." which was fully assembled, minus the billboard sign. Here's a link on the Walthers website. Apparently it's out of production...
  6. stokesda

Proto 87 Stores Turnouts - Anybody Use Them?

I posted this on the MR forum a couple of days ago, and haven't gotten any meaningful responses yet. Just thought I'd give it a try here: ****** I was trying to weigh my options between ordering the Fast Tracks stuff and making my own turnouts, and getting commercial ones. Because of the...

Back