Search results

1. Hunter2678

Weathering N scale vs a bigger scale.

I've noticed something about weathered n scale. To my eye less is more in terms of weathered N scale engines. I looked at a few weathered versions at my local shop and they look like piles of crap. I think bc the size is at a point where weathering can easily become too much a distraction vs...
  2. Hunter2678

How many engines do you own?

Wondering how many engines you currently own? Can you ever own too many? I've been finding myself constantly looking (ebay) for that next neat, unique engine that I dont have yet?
  3. Hunter2678

Kato WP F3A loco not moving until 40% throttle. All my others move at 20%

So I have a new Kato WP F3A loco that Ive been running along with my other new engines. My powerpack is an MRC1370. I've noticed that this engine doesn't want to run until Im at 40% on the throttle and then its rolling a t a decent clip. My other engines will start moving smoothly at 20%...
  4. Hunter2678

Downsizing the following kato N layout to fit my 26 x 60 bench?

So I Im setting up my first N scale layout on a 26 x 60 bentch top. I really like the Woodland Scenics Scenic Ridge 36" x 72" layout on the kato website http://www.katousa.com/track-plans/scenic-ridge.html For the setup savvy folks on here....Can this plan be downsized fairly easily to fit or...
  5. Hunter2678

N Gauge Layout plans book.

Anyone have this plan book for N scale? If so any comments on it being worth the 37$ ? http://ngaugelayouts.com/n-scale-track-plans.html
  6. Hunter2678

MRC Railpower 1370 18va to Unitrack feeder?

I snagged a used MRC power pack yesterday at the local trainshop. Im setting up my N scale layout with Unitrack. My question is this, it seems the kato feeder track has plugs on both ends however the powerpack just has screw terminals on the side of it. Do I pull the large white plug (see pic)...
  7. Hunter2678

New guy from Ohio.

Hello, from wonderful sunny central Ohio!...jk, we are just coming out of the polar vortex here actually. After going through some boxes recently that contained my childhood dreams and memories, I rediscovered my beloved Bachman John Bull train set. This triggered the glory days as a kid for me...

Back