Search results

1. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

I agree about the recent uptick in driver stoopidity. Up my way, there has been a major increase in wrong way drivers on US Highway Ten(4-lane divided highway with at-grade intersections). Lately, it seems to be at least a couple times per week. 3 months ago, one of these cost a Railfan buddy of...
  2. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

A buddy of mine had a 63 FC-170(w/ the Super Hurricane F6).
  3. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

A buddy of mine in South Jersey had a 1963 FC-170(COE Flathead 6) in the mid-late 90’s.
  4. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

I believe Looks like our late fur baby we lost about a year ago, even down to the docks on all four sets of toe beans.
  5. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Looking like just the second Brown Christmas since I moved to Wisconsin 11 years ago.
  6. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's December 2023 Coffee Shop

Tom- on Saturday evening, I was SURE that we had lost Shohei to the lone team north of the 49th Parallel, after a conversation with a local ballplayer who happens to be an outfielder with the Jays. He was in the gas station where I work & assured me that Ohtani was in Toronto. Said he was told...
  7. MikeInHubCity

So what are you listening to right NOW?

K-Love app Christmas channel at home & IHeart Christmas channel at work.
  8. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Patrick- sorry for the loss of your grandpup. Today was funeral day for us, too. MBH’s grandpa passed away last Tuesday(MIL’s dad) & the service was down in the southern part of the state(Watertown), which is a 3+ hour drive(half of it is on 2 lane roads). When we left at 4:30 this morning, it...
  9. MikeInHubCity

Louis- football weekend went well for me. My youngest nephew plays JV WR/DB for his high school in Frostburg. He was chosen as one of the players to be called up to varsity to dress for the playoff game s. They won their final home game of the year, over Perryville to advance to the Class 1A...
  10. MikeInHubCity

Tom- but that’s the best part about the first shovelable snow of the winter in the Dairy State. People who have lived their entire lives in Wisconsin suddenly forget how to drive with the white veil covering the roads.
  11. MikeInHubCity

Yeah, we might end up filing an extension on our state taxes. Although the Fed does not consider the student loan forgiveness(loans which I had paid on for over 25 years) taxable income, the state of Wisconsin does not agree. We’re hoping that our federal refund will cover the amount we will owe...
  12. MikeInHubCity

Tom- I might have to check out Enginehouse Services next time we go to the Railroad Museum. Just gotta convince the chauffeur/BH.
  13. MikeInHubCity

“hold” or “ignore”(as an operations mgr I used to work for called it)?
  14. MikeInHubCity

I drink Bud Zero- NA & no carbs. Guess that means I can drink a whole case next Thursday.
  15. MikeInHubCity

James- I will keep your Dad & your family in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my Dad to PCa almost 30 years ago, but I know that treatments have come a long way since the mid-90’s. God bless.
  16. MikeInHubCity

Joe- you still are not, as an employee of a professional team, allowed to bet on league games. Just ask Calvin Ridley Even worse is betting on the team that employs you.
  17. MikeInHubCity

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life.
  18. MikeInHubCity

My aunt & uncle in NYC loved doing the European river cruising with Viking. They did all the major rivers of Europe.
  19. MikeInHubCity

Mike- I think everyone has their own favorite rendition of ACC. Mine happens to be with George C. Scott.
  20. MikeInHubCity

Louis- for me, besides TPE, my favorite Christmas movies are It’s A Wonderful Life, Home Alone 2(due to the NYC setting) & Die Hard.

Back