Search results

1. StevieWonder787

Broken switch - is it repairable?

So to set the background on this situation, I purchased this layout and my skill level is novice. Whomever designed this layout really never thought much about doing track repairs. The lower level has a reverse loop and is unfortunately constructed such that it is nearly impossible to get to...
  2. StevieWonder787

Woodland Scenics Just Plug failures ???

I was trying to install a Woodland Scenics Just Plug system for my passenger depot with interior lights and street lights for the platform. All of my parts are factory Woodland Scenics parts including the 24VDC (why?) power supply. I tested the receiving plug pins and got 23.6VDC on all the...
  3. StevieWonder787

Experience with Ring Engineering Railpro system

I'm trying to find some real world user experience with the Ring Engineering Railpro system. The decoders are pricey but it seems like the system is easy to use, very easy to reprogram locomotive parameters and as mobile as you can get. Anybody out there with some experience they might want to...
  4. StevieWonder787

Bush Funeral Train

From UP tracks northwest of Spring, TX adjacent to Root Road, prior to Tomball.
  5. StevieWonder787

President Bush's Funeral Train

Passing thru North Hampton between Spring and Tomball.
  6. StevieWonder787

Dumbing it down

I have a Bachmann EZapp FT-A and a Bachmann non-EZapp FT-B. I want to lash them up but to do so would have to make a dummy out of the B unit. I can just disconnect/cut a wire and do the job but the then non-powered gears would be a drag for the A unit. Can I remove the gears to make it a true...
  7. StevieWonder787

Scenery glue ... opinions and suggestions

I'm looking for insight on scenery glue. Should I buy Woodland Scenics pre-mixed scenery glue or create my own concoction, which I assume would be significantly cheaper? And, if the home mixed version is the way to go, what is the base glue? Elmer's white (there are several versions from...
  8. StevieWonder787

Are you in the CenTex area (Waco, Temple, Belton, etc) ??? HELP needed.

I'm the curator and janitor for the Edwin Olsen Railroad Museum in Clifton, housed in the old GC&SF/AT&SF depot building. We have an HO scale layout that needs some TLC with the scenery. I'd also like to see an addition of a yard and the option to select power from either DC (the current...

Back