Search results

1. pcarrell

N scale hand car?

I found this little white metal kit a few years ago at a train show. Don't remember the maker, and I've since lost the little guy, but they do exist! (Click To Enlarge)
  2. pcarrell

Roads

The problem with shingles for N scale is the size of the "gravel" is typically huge for N.
  3. pcarrell

Coffee Shop XXV

My prayers for Jim and his family.
  4. pcarrell

new guy with a few questions.

Perfect!!!!
  5. pcarrell

new guy with a few questions.

Atlas RTS can make a perfectly good plan, and it's not too hard to work with at all. This was done with RTS and then I added scenery suggestions with Microsoft Paint: as to the 4x8 question, it sure is easy to get started, but it's not the best use of space since you need walking room...
  6. pcarrell

Roads

For paved roads I've always liked this method: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/crowley/ashphalt_roads.htm Put a row of toothpicks glued end to end down the centerline of the road before you add the foam and your road will have an instant crown to it.
  7. pcarrell

Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

Evening all! Been out doing lots of motorcycle riding, so I haven't been around much. Sorry 'bout that! The family is doing good, and so am I. Been working with a biker church about an hour from here, and I think maybe we might get one going around here. We'll see what God has in...
  8. pcarrell

Thats about all the info I have left on it. The computer I did that on crashed about a year...

Thats about all the info I have left on it. The computer I did that on crashed about a year ago. I shouldn't be all that hard to replicate though. Glad you liked it. If you build it, or one based on it, I'd like to see it. Philip
  9. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

You got the VTX! Man, thats sweet!
  10. pcarrell

Union Pacific N Scale Layout

Ah, a convert! You've discovered the best thing about N scale!
  11. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

12. pcarrell

I think

You could take a couple of these micro layouts and string them together to fit your space and requirements. http://www.carendt.us/
  13. pcarrell

Recommendations for a N-scale Pennsy steamer?

There's not a lot of Pennsy specific steam out there that I know of. Most steam is pretty generic, and Pennsy was famous for the very distinctive Belpiere fireboxes. If larger flanges are OK, Minitrix had a couple three or four loco's that would work. The had a 2-10-0, a 4-6-2, and two...
  14. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

I step out for just a couple minutes, and.............................
  15. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

Now thats just nuts! If you really are not guilty, why are you penalized?
  16. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

Spoke to her earlier.....she's great!
  17. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

Seems kinda silly to me, this whole NASA closing thing. I mean, not only do all those folks lose their jobs, but now we're just going to leave space exploration to the Russians and Chinese? Not that they're bad or anything, but where's our national pride? Where's our quest for knowledge gone...
  18. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

It's raining nurf!!!!!
  19. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

Great! Just fabulous! Who gave Chris a gun? Don't you all remember when he trashed the place by throwing stuff around? And now some fool has given him a gun?
  20. pcarrell

Coffee Shop 22

Mornin' All! Might go down to the motorcycle show at the fairgrounds today. After that, swing by the leather store, then off to teach tonight. Yup, that sounds good! Later!

Back