Search results

1. A

Northern Pacific Rocky Valley Branch Switching Layout Build

Are you saying that the wood is actually 1" thick by 4" long ? Not 3/4" thick by 3 1/2 long?
  2. A

If you were to work for a railroad, which one would it be and what position?

I worked for the Penn Central and then Amtrak for 39 years. Working in the M of E section I had steady work, regular 5 day shifts and same hours of work. Might of missed a few holidays along the way whether because of my days of work which could of been because we were a 5day work week with some...
  3. A

How to block a members thread showing up

How to block a members thread from showing up
  4. A

Pennsylvania Railroad war emergency caboose?

Have you ever been to the PA. railroad museum to see their GG1 inside?
  5. A

Tech 7 Controller?

Glenn- Are you saying this controller is both DC and DCC or am I getting confused here?
  6. A

Running Bear's April 2023 Coffee Shop

Good . Not used to seeing FD designations for a house on this forum.
  7. A

Running Bear's February 2023 Coffee Shop

Thanks for your info. Does the name Harry the hat ring a bell for the 1950's ?
  8. A

Running Bear's February 2023 Coffee Shop

It was interesting to see the 4872 picture at Wilmington. It showed my uncle at the #3 spot from the left. Decided to look in old photos I had and came across a photo showing front on picture instead of an angle. He now became #2 from the left. He was an electrical inspector for loco shop and I...
  9. A

Running Bear's October 2022 Coffee Shop

Interesting. A few years ago we had to replace the tires on a 1930 Hahn fire truck and nobody in our area would do it because of the split rims. Had to take it to I think was a Goodyear dealer in PA. close to I95 north of Delaware.
  10. A

Running Bear's September 2022 Coffee Shop

Was this the one used for a snowplow?
  11. A

Travel by Amtrak

I am a little confused about your 2 posts. Not sure what trains you were riding and when you were riding but to state that there were unruly messy kids are you saying they were running around on the trains? Did you question the conductor about the issue ? Your next comment is the ability to stay...
  12. A

Model railroad tools Caddy

My grandchildren bought me a Proses Multi Angle cradle that is very nice from Micro-Mark for Christmas.
  13. A

Running Bear's May 2022 Coffee Shop

Like your pictures. In picture 7 #883 the seats are ex Amtrak seats with ex Amtrak cushions. Repaired many of the seats and replaced many of the cushions in my time.
  14. A

Revell HO Bakery

Looks good to me. Not sure what the associated deficits are that you mention. Whose make of kit?
  15. A

HO Con-Cor PRR MP54 DC

Colin thank you very much for your quick reply. now I have part numbers.
  16. A

HO Con-Cor PRR MP54 DC

I am looking for information for a Powered Coach Car #723. Item number #0001-094515(01). I am looking for for a schematic or some type of breakdown for this type of unit. I have checked HOseeker and the ConCor website and can not find any info. The unit will not run or light up the LEDS. I think...
  17. A

Mantua and Tyco Booster 0-4-0 and Little Six 0-6-0?

I hope you realize the post you are asking about is 4 years old and the OP was just a guest
  18. A

Woodland Scenics Track-Bed

I used this Woodlands scenic roll when I added a a 3 track service yard on my layout. My base is 2" foam from Lowes and it is quiet.
  19. A

East Penn Railroad Switching Layout

I think this should not be allowed at all. I am not a sensitive folk but this forum is about trains not what you showed.
  20. A

East Penn Railroad Switching Layout

Do we really need this kind of post that children see?

Back