Search results

1. steelwheels

SteelWheels "N" scale layout

Industry located at the end of the yard, goods arrive in the yard, sorted and delivered, or picked up for shipping. greg
  2. steelwheels

Damn you N scalers!

LOL ......... N will surprise you, Kato makes great detailed passenger cars, what will the power be pulling that train? greg
  3. steelwheels

What's the preferred airbrush set-up???

Start with the top areas, they can be dusted with white to give the illusion of sun fade. Grills once black, white fades them and the vents show up better. Can put exhaust trails around the stacks, front of semi trailers. The air brush makes it very easy to blend, streak, rust tin roofs, dirty...
  4. steelwheels

New Indoor N Scale

Damn Tony, Photoracket, sure made it impossible to see the pictures. Must say those crooks have screwed over loads of good people and information around the web. Some history, this is actually the second or third time they held others photos hostage, and that number could be higher. I used...
  5. steelwheels

Thank you Migalyto, Oie & Tony much appreciated. My intentions are to motivate and show others N is capable. John Allen's empire was my inspiration. Thanks again Greg
  6. steelwheels

@ Kevin & Tony No worries, I am just adding some practical thinking regarding tools. The air brush being the main topic here. It's a big investment for a beginner, especially if the empire is at the bench work phase. Is it really necessary at that point? Who knows, maybe he uses a spray gun...
  7. steelwheels

Look, if you are just starting out, I would suggest that you start the bench work and get a lay out going. An airbrush is a luxury that is one of the last things to get into. Loads of great weathering can be accomplished with washes, thinned paint. Applied with a brush, a lot of modeling can be...
  8. steelwheels

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Here's the picture of the wether in Woodstock. The data center is closed, for Good Friday. I'll be checking on the servers from home, got the coffee going. All set for the day greg
  9. steelwheels

layout overview in 4k

Very nice, as an N molder myself I enjoy a layout with the level of detail that enhances the scenes, the river is the bomb. greg
  10. steelwheels

Frederick, I see said the blind man, air brush with a "siphon" ? Ok, you are saying the bottle hanging under the brush, is the siphon style. The Binks has that, the vent hole in the cap would plug with paint . Never thought of that as a siphon, but it defiantly is that. greg
  11. steelwheels

Gary: great looking railroad, very real looking everything blends naturally. Thumbs up.. Greg: I bet something like rustoleum alum would give a weathered flat look greg
  12. steelwheels

Willie, Heck I can fix that, the 32 truck is my wife's, the 34 mine. Truck power built 327, the car 350 stroker motor. The B&W picture, that Bike in the back, was the means for the machines. greg
  13. steelwheels

The Badger was a popular name in the 80s, not an expert but the big deal was double action. I used a Binks single action for many years. The Binks was as capable as the Badger at painting and producing the same effects as the double action tool. At that time there were very few air brushes. I...
  14. steelwheels

Windy in GA, 21 gusting to 28, Wind Mill getting a good workout. As mentioned the other day, expected the new machine. It arrived on time, spent Saturday uncrating, lifting, placing it in it's new home. greg
  15. steelwheels

Thank you both Chet & Sherrel . greg
  16. steelwheels

I do not know about the Iwata Airgun, but do know about their full size LPHV model. I can tell you it's an excellent product, minium over spray. I would think weathering, and the controlled over spray that brush is likely to have. Will make dusting to highlight details and faded panels a...
  17. steelwheels

For 89 bucks looks like the paint fumes blow back into the users face ? Using a few HAVC parts and ducting, a muffin fan, and wood to make the booth. You can make a reasonability nice paint booth, add a light in the top of the box even better. Just another means to an end. greg
  18. steelwheels

New shots Enjoy, greg
  19. steelwheels

Toot: the AMRA reminds me of an HOA, the treasure always skips with the money. I think clubs should be loyal to its members that are local. They are smart enough to manage themselves. Justin: if you already know the following, please disregard. Decals will dry out with age, when placed in...
  20. steelwheels

CMX Track Cleaning Car

Tony, That's the bomb ain't it, nothing cleans like that little jewel. Bet you notice how bright the rail head begins to look. syringe to big look at these might keep an eye out for this type...

Back