Search results

1. ACL-CSX

Running Bear's December 2021 Coffee Shop

Good morning y'all. Flo- Coffee and bacon please. As I type, it is presently 57 and hazy per the weather app. High today is 74. Going to enjoy a post Christmas hike in the woods with my son after church and lunch today. We were supposed to hit the woods last weekend, but it rained us out...
  2. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all, and Merry Christmas Eve. Flo- Coffee, leave the pot. Lots to do and need the go-go juice. Let's start off with a quick check of the weather: Cold. And Dark-ish. App on the phone says that it is 30 with a feel of 25. High today is 59, which is kind of Christmas-y for the...
  3. ACL-CSX

About an hour and a half south, approximately 84 miles. I wish you the best in your current situation, but if you do relocate out this way there are some pretty cool railroad related sights and museums out this way.
  4. ACL-CSX

Good morning shop dwellers. Flo- Coffee and the Usual please. Let's talk weather for a moment. How are we going to close out 2021 in South Carolina? 55, 60, 67 (Christmas Day), 72, 72, 75, 74, 70, 71. Dang global warming or climate change or whatever buzzword they're using now. I think if...
  5. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. Flo- Coffee please, we seem to be having a cold front moving through. What's that, just in time for Christmas? Nah, it's supposed to be near 70 on Christmas day. Haven't had time to keep up, catch up, or get ahead. Skimmed the thread, liked some pictures. Trying to...
  6. ACL-CSX

The last winter I lived though before moving from Jacksonville to North Carolina saw a day with a high of 94 in the middle of January. This was 1998 and in my opinion exemplifies the absurdity of the state and weather in the south in general. I think the one thing we can all agree on...
  7. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. Flo- Coffee and bacon this morning. It is currently 62 and raining. Yesterday it was 70 and raining. Welcome to the south. Amazon did not disappoint yesterday. I received the first 2 buildings I ordered with my Christmas money. Walthers Merchant's Row II and DPM's...
  8. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. It appears I will never catch up, so we're just gonna do the next best thing a keep a-rollin'. Flo- Coffee, bacon, and buttered toast with strawberry jam please. Because no day can truly begin until the coffee and bacon are consumed. Let's start with the weather. It's...
  9. ACL-CSX

I think, and this may be a little radical, that every politician that has been in office since before the internet was a thing should get the same treatment as a lame horse. Taken out and shot. But what do I know, I'm just the one who gets screwed over by them and their policies. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  10. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. Missed a few days and it blew up in here. Id say I'll try t catch up, but I probably won't, so I won't. Currently 39, forecast says 65 today, 70 the next two days as another batch of showers moves through. Flo- Coffee please, and I think I'll have the Usual today. MIL...
  11. ACL-CSX

Just checked the status of my detail parts order. It is in-country and not stranded in the Pacific. Yay! Looks like it has been transferred from one carrier to another at JFJ, so hopefully it'll be here soon. Looking forward to finishing up the service station. Well, "finishing".
  12. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. Flo- Coffee and bacon please. And turn the heat up a notch or two. It's 30 outside. Tell Mel to stop being so cheap, the traffic has been heavy lately, so I know the monthly profits are up. 😄 No real news to report on the modeling front other than getting the interior of...
  13. ACL-CSX

Willie- Reading about your lack of handrails stirred up these images.
  14. ACL-CSX

Glad to hear that. That is some pretty high winds though.
  15. ACL-CSX

Easy kits

As Willie stated, the Model Power kits are fairly basic and simple to assemble. I recently picked up a few as well as a Walthers's kit, which is also a basic four wall and roof structure. I am currently working on the gas station and the Merchant's Row, but I am taking a different approach. I...
  16. ACL-CSX

The shops in question are in the Merchant's Row kit I shared a couple of weeks back. I need office details for my newspaper, my pizzeria, and the curiosities shop. The problem is that I model in N scale, so there aren't many household items that will work for what I need. I found the parts I...
  17. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. It is currently 48 with a feel of 45, so it is 45. We got a pretty heavy dousing last night, but today should be clear if somewhat cool. Forecasted high is only 54, but it's supposed to dip into the high 20s tonight. Brrrr. Flo- All this talk of cold has made my chilly...
  18. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. Where to begin? Weather- Dark, damp, and foggy. But not as cold, high 50s right now. High near 70 with a chance of scattered showers. Flo- My compliments on the coffee. Did y'all change brews? No? Must taste better because I'm drinking it out of my cup then. Troy-...
  19. ACL-CSX

Good morning y'all. Flo- Coffee please, and leave the pot. I'm up early today so I can get packed and knock out today's route. Then it's on the road to the house. Thankfully, this should be my last out of town trip for 2021. Travels may resume mid January, but that's not set in stone just...
  20. ACL-CSX

No time to catch up right now, but had to share my latest finds. Figured at 40% off, why not buy a couple of houses. And I couldn't pass up the Nova. I had a 77 and a 78 just like it. Minus the hatchback. Both of mine had trunks. Check back in later.

Back