Search results

1. bobthellama42

H20-44 by Atlas?

Anyone willing to help me petition Atlas to build an HO scale model of an FM H20-44?
  2. bobthellama42

Unusual Castings

Is there a company or individual that will make custom castings, either in a polymer or metal, (I remember Cary Locomotive works used to make metal castings of different engines)? I am interested in modeling a few Fairbanks-Morse H20-44's. Since it is very unlikely that any of the model...
  3. bobthellama42

Fm H20-44

I am interested in modeling railroading in Northern Ohio and would like to incorporate a few AC&Y locomotives. I have acquired an Atlas FM H15/16-44 (ACY) but have been unable to find any models of the FM H20-44. I was hoping that maybe the Cary Locomotive Works had made a metal casting of the...
  4. bobthellama42

Compressor?

Forgive me if this has been covered before, (search proved fruitless) but does anyone have recommendations for an air compressor for an airbrush?
  5. bobthellama42

Mixing Track Manufacturers

I would like to use a PECO curved turnout on a layout that is predominantly built with Atlas track. Does this pose a problem? Any one have any experience with this?
  6. bobthellama42

Switch motors

Anyone care to express their opinion about switch motors? Atlas under-the-table or old fashioned snap switches (Has anyone installed 'under-the-table' switch machines on a foam board layout?) , hand operated, ground throw switches (when close to operation station), brake cable, hand operated...
  7. bobthellama42

Greetings

Hello all. Getting back into the hobby after a 20 year absence. My son, who just turned 5 y.o., loves trains and has reignited my interest in the hobby. Just recently found this site. It sure is a fantastic resource.
  8. bobthellama42

Atlas Kato Coupler Conversions

Howdy folks. First time post. I am just getting back into the hobby after a 20 year absence. I have a couple of Atlas/Kato ALCO units that I puchased new in the late 1980's and they still have the original horn-hook couplers. I would like to switch over to Kadees, but the screws that hold...

Back