Search results

1. L

Best Manufacturer?

I am sure this question is almost entirely opinionated but it begs to be asked either way. I am looking to buy some rolling stock for my layout and I am wondering which manufacturer(s) I should look towards. I am looking to get some open and covered hoppers. Probably 40' but I may mix some 50'...
  2. L

Deciding on Stock and Locos... Help

:) yeah I looked the locos you told me as I posted the picture and thought they looked about the same :)
  3. L

haha no, right before that in the movie. He comes back to 1985 and the DeLorean gets smashed into 10,000 little pieces by a train. I believe this link brings a picture of it up http://www.bttfonline.com/html/pictures_bttf3.html
  4. L

I don't know if anyone has watched the movie in a long time but if you have... Does anyone know what the locomotive is at the end of Back to the Future 3, the one that destroys the DeLorean? I'd love to run that one on my layout as well :)
  5. L

I'm in the middle of building a layout (I'll have to upload some pics of the plan and phases its going through later) and I am having trouble deciding which type of loco and stock I should be running on my layout. My layout has/is going to have a screening plant as its main attraction. I want...
  6. L

Track Question

Wow I'm amazed at the quick response and overwhelming help! Thanks a lot! I think I'll stick with the 80 for now because I do have a good deal of it and now that I think of it I have loco's and stock from over the years that I would still love to use with this layout.
  7. L

Track Question

I've actually used the name for a few years now. I think I first stumbled across it while looking in a medicine cabinet. Since then I think I've had to answer that questions more then a few times :)
  8. L

Track Question

Well first off, thanks for the help. Gives me a little to consider but I think sticking with the track I already have seems to make the most sense. I like the idea of painting the track ties, never would have thought of that. Not sure if anyone is reading this but I see a lot of DCC ready and...
  9. L

Track Question

First time poster, long time train enthusiast. I've had trains since the age of 8 but I have never built a detailed model. Now that I've gotten a bit older and have a shop to work in I figure it is about time. My question today is about track. I have a lot of Atlas code 80 track, lots of flex...

Back