Search results

1. R

Dead Athearn Genesis GP38-2

Hope your wrong too but I suspect that may be the case, UGH!
  2. R

Dead Athearn Genesis GP38-2

I think I killed my loco! I took the front truck apart to lubricate axles & gears. I was interrupted and didn't get back to it for 3-4 weeks. When I put it back together I mistakenly reversed the side frames on the truck (left & right power to decoder reversed). It ran a bit but in FWD it ran in...
  3. R

Rivarossi Big Boy HR2638 questions

Hi Colin, Actually I think the downward pressure on the truck is not strong enough. I don't relish the idea of messing with that tiny spring (Big hands!). Working on other issues with layout now, will let you know if I get problem solved when I get back to Big Boy problem. Regards, Ron
  4. R

Thanks Colin. I will fiddle with the spring on the rear truck, that probably is the problem. Merry Christmas! Ron
  5. R

Purchased about 9 months ago and just recently got my mainline running so I could run it. Having an issue with rear truck derailing, just kind of flopping around as though it needs some downward pressure to keep it on the rails. Anyone have a similar problem? The service sheet that came with it...
  6. R

Wiring Tortoise SMAIL's in crossover

Trying to figure out how to wire/control a single crossover using Tortoise SMAIL's (built in decoder). DCC system is NCE Power Cab. The NCE manual goes into setting up Macro's to control more than one device with a single input. I just don't know how or what to do. i just started with DCC last...
  7. R

Central Midland Atlas HO-29 layout questions

Thanks to all who responded to my questions on The Central Midland. I think I will add a few feet to the grid dimensions to ensure enough space for the larger radius curves. I have seen a lot of talk about using Peco turnouts vs Atlas, anyone care to chime in on this? Would there be any issues...
  8. R

Central Midland Atlas HO-29 layout questions

Just found and joined this forum. I am getting ready to build the Central Midland layout and I ran across a post from member "ekeefe" from March 2008 about some questions he had with same layout and revisions he made. I hope your still on the forum and see this! Couple of things, did you have to...
  9. R

Getting back into hobby!

Been away from it since mid eighties. Retired now and more resources available so I decided to jump back in and build the last layout I had (The Central Midland Atlas #HO-29). Boy, have things ever changed! Learning all about DCC and other new technologies, they are not toy trains anymore...

Back