Search results

1. M

Ballasted and Weathered Track

Hi Guys and Gals, I've just finished painting a section of my HO code 83 track, ballasting it and then weathering the whole area. Attached are some photos, including the last one that illustrates what my ballast and rails looked like before the final weathering, where the ballast was all a...
  2. M

How to deal with varying thicknesses of Homasote

Hi Fellow Modelers, I just finished building my benchwork and for my top, I used 1/2" plywood, with 1/2" Homasote glued on top of the plywood. I know there are "new and improved" methods, but I've been using Homasote for my top layer for over 25 years. Unfortunately, where various pieces of...
  3. M

How to Cut Homasote without the Mess!

Hey Guys and Gals, Having been a teacher in the past, I love sharing info with other folks and in this case, those in model railroading. I've heard many times and have experienced the problem first hand that cutting Homasote with a circular saw creates a mess and can ruin the circular saw...
  4. M

Am I the only one who just wants to watch trains run and not worry about "operation"?

Hi Guys, I've been into HO scale model railroading since 1993. My last layout was designed by myself and friends to have lots and lots of complex "operating" capability, with staging areas for through freights and passenger trains, along with a classification yard, with turntable, engine house...

Back