Search results

1. N

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Morning everyone!! Not quite as cold here as it is in Denver, man that just makes me shiver thinking of it. Anyways only thing new mrr wise for me is that I need to finish up detailing the mine kit that I put together a couple weeks ago. Too many hobbies and not enough time, I recently got in...
  2. N

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Morning fellas!! Hoping everyone is having a good one. I need to just sit down and set a side some time to start working on my layout again. Maybe this time I can make some progress on some scenery. The thing that I wish the most is that I had someone with some experience really close by to...
  3. N

Why is the hobby in trouble?

As another young'en speaking up, I being only 26 don't think this hobby is in that big of trouble. At the last big show I went to in OKC I saw honestly a mixture of all ages and noticed a lot of guys there my age buying stuff. One thing that everyone has to remember is that us young guys that...
  4. N

Drawbar question

Hey Jim thanks for getting back to me. The drawbar only has 1 hole at eatch end and is not long enough for another, so looks like I'll be off to find some styrene and modify one for me. The leading truck I'll have to check and see if the screw is too tight. Thanks again for the tips and I'll...
  5. N

Drawbar question

I've looked at the diagram before and it doesn't have anything about the drawbar. Hmm I guess I could always modify the drawbar myself and make it a little longer. It sure is a good looking and sounding engine.
  6. N

Drawbar question

OK this question is for anyone familiar with the 4-6-2 bachmann spectrum steam loco. I found out part of the issue with this loco on turns. It needs a longer drawbar?? Since I don't have the orginal packaging I don't know if there was a choice but I'm assuming there was for this reason. The...
  7. N

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Morning everyone, ended up not getting to mess with the rest of my pictures after catching up with some friends that I hadn't talked to in about 6 months. @Jim: I did a quick trial run last night without the drawbar attached and it seems to manuever the turns a lot better. I the drawbar...
  8. N

Smoke Units

The smoke fumes are not healthy to inhale either. That's another reason why you don't see these in model trains anymore really. Burning oil is just not something that would be pleasant to smell nor would it be healthy but it seems your boud and determined to make it work. P.S. The oil drops...
  9. N

Smoke Units

Yea it will man I have a smoke unit train before the oil gets hot enough to turn into smoke it spits the stuff around in a wide radius. These things are that un-healthy to have around in trains I can't imagine having them on a cake. I wouldn't do it at all. Just a fair warning from someone...
  10. N

Smoke Units

None of the smoke units that were used in trains smell good just FYI. They all burn a type of oil that I'm sure you honestly wouldn't want to mix with the cake. If you want the illusion of smoke why not put a little plasic tube with the top open and put a little water and tiny bit of dry ice...
  11. N

where did you get foam?

Find some building construction going on and make friends with the jobsite foreman. Most of the time they give away scraps if you pick it up for them after hours.
  12. N

Train Photos from my trip

I do have an account unfortunately I couldn't think of the password so I just resized them LOL!! I'll reset my password tonight and use it.
  13. N

Yea it is, I'll resize the rest of my pics and post them tonight. I probably could have used of the 4gb memory car in my wife's camera on this layout but I think she would have been a little annoyed at that. :D
  14. N

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Morning fellas!!! Glad to hear your wife is getting around better Philip. I got the 4-6-2 running and I think I figured out its issues on turns the piece that attaches to the posts on the tender and Loco seems to be way short because when I send the loco around some of my turns they start...
  15. N

@Rex: Yea I was wondering how long I was going to be in a transient state staring at that layout. Any longer and I'm sure security would have to remove me. :D All I could thinkg of was man the ops session on that thing would take all weekend. @Maxi: I had to resize my photos for them to fit...
  16. N

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Hey Carey and Rex thanks for the help. Got the body off after messing with it. It started running so I put the body back on it. Something else that's weird that I'm going to have to investigate more on this little loco is that when it starts to hit a turn the front truck seems to get bound up...
  17. N

More pictures:D
  18. N

Here are some pictures enjoy.
  19. N

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Morning everyone, man it was in the low 70s yesterday woke up this morning and it's in the mid 30s. Talk about extremes. Hey Rex thanks for the help on this hopefully tonight I'll have better luck with this silly loco. Well hope everyone has a great day, I didn't get time last night to resize...
  20. N

Coffee Shop Part VIII

Yea I'll look into it more tomorrow but I don't see the rear screw that Rex is talking about and the front truck comes off but there is still the spring and adapter attached so this thing is frustrating. I might just take it to a guy that I know repairs them.

Back