Search results

1. S

Code 100?

I think I'll use code 83 everywhere visible, and go with code 100 in the staging yard and the helix, ( won't really be a helix, more of a big 1 loop climb to the next level ) but it will be unfinished. Instead of using 300 pieces of code 83, I should be able to use 150 code 83, and 150 code 100...
  2. S

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Very nice work!
  3. S

Radius question...

I didn't know it was against this forum's rules to post on more than one forum.
  4. S

Radius question...

My latest track plan is a triple deck around the walls layout. I'm going to use the 7'x8' bump out in the basement as a place to put a helix that has one turn to climb to the next level, then an inner 2 turn helix to go back down from level 3 to 1. I think I've got it figured out how to do it...
  5. S

Question re levels

Such a cool layout! Thanks for the cab ride!
  6. S

New Layout - Switching Scales - Topeka ATSF 1970-71

I love watching layout plans change as different ideas come together!
  7. S

Southern Pacific Coast Line in HO

Nice work! I like the mirror effect too!
  8. S

Code 100?

I'm still in the planing stage, but getting close to pulling the trigger on track and switches. What are your thoughts of going with Peco code 100 switches and Atlas code 100 flex track? I figure I'll need 3 cases of 100 pieces of track and at least 60-70 switches, if I go with the above...
  9. S

Older Kato Locomotives

Thanks guys, I heard it from a friend in town actually. Since I'm just starting to buy everything, I thought it would be easier to avoid the model with the pickup issue, but it doesn't seem like it's that big of deal.
  10. S

Older Kato Locomotives

I was told to stay away from the first generation of HO scale locomotives from Kato, something about pickup issues. Is this true? If so what models/road names were affected? On my last N scale layout, 95% of my locomotives were Kato, and they all ran flawlessly. I'd like to go with mainly HO...
  11. S

How many hours before cleaning your loco wheels?

I always cleaned my N scale track with a sanding sponge. I'd get 2 of them, and sand them together first, than run over the entire layout. I never had any problems. Another thing I found is that track would get more dirty on areas that didn't have trains sitting on them. I guess empty track gets...
  12. S

Athearn SD 40 Tsunami ?

Ah yes, CV's, fun fun!
  13. S

Logan Valley

Amazing work! The scenes really comes to life!
  14. S

I got my Rail Pro today

RailPro seems like the way to go!
  15. S

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Great progress! I'll be following this thread too!
  16. S

Comment by 'SD90' in media 'Yard overview'

Nice!
  17. S

Woody & Son Railroad (WSR)

It looks like your son is having fun! Nice work!
  18. S

HO 12"x80" test/switching/display layout

I count 39 cars, more than I have, and some nice ones too! I want to get a few center beam flatcars.

Back