Search results

1. S

Northwest NJ/Eastern PA clubs?

Looking for a club in the northwest NJ area (Sussex, Warren, Morris counties) or eastern PA (Stroudsburg or Easton/Nazareth area), preferably HO but could also get into N scale. Can contribute general layout work, custom painting and DCC installations. email: stevewoodward at mac dot com...
  2. S

Painting Flexible handrails

Many years ago I did custom painting for hire. When it came time to painting flexible handrails (delrin, celcon, etc) I used to mix in a small amount of an automotive flex additive, used by body shops for painting flexible urethane bumpers on autos. Fast forward to today...I've gotten quite...
  3. S

Painting plastic handrails

Years ago I did a lot of custom painting, and at the time my method for painting handrails (delrin, acetal, etc) was to mix some automotive flex additive in with paint. Now that I've started using water based paints (Pollyscale primarily, still have to try ModelFlex) I'm not sure what to do...
  4. S

P2K GP38-2 - Sound?

I've installed a few sound decoders with great results, then I turned to my P2K GP38-2. It looks like some major milling of the weights would be required. Or perhaps installing the speaker in the fuel tank... Just wondering if anyone here has tackled this particular install, and how you went...
  5. S

Athearn decoder install - tidy?

I've got two Athearn locos I've hard wired Digitrax decoder in, a blue box GP38-2 and an RTR GP35. Run great on the test track. The problem I'm having is determining where to locate the decoder and wires so that nothing interferes with the mechanism. I tried mounting the decoder to the shell...
  6. S

Help with Athearn Blue Box problem

I'm gotten somewhat comfortable with decoder installations, but I've got one loco that's giving me fits. It's an Athearn Blue Box GP38-2 that a while back installed a Digitrax DH163D in. I isolated the motor and soldered all the connections, and the loco ran fine. Its sat for about a year, and...
  7. S

Rdg Sd45 7601

Sadly, I've been sooo busy with work and other obligations I've had precious little free time for loco projects. The last one that I had accomplished was this Reading SD45. The RDG SD45s were unique in that they had dual control stands, and the cab front wall had to be extended to accommodate...
  8. S

Loco Lighting Concerns

I'm quite comfortable with decoder installations, have done a few dozen up to this point, including older locos where isolating the motor is required. I've left a number of locos unlit for lack of understanding how to properly light DCC equipped locos. I've done lots of reading and research...

Back