Search results

1. O

Using one Tortoise remote mount to drive two turnouts

I am wondering if anybody has tried to use the remote mount at the Tortoise location to drive one turnout direct off the mount its self and another using the cable assembly that comes with it. I know you would typically use two cable assemblies to do it however just thinking outside the box.
  2. O

Using Tortoise remote mount driving two turnouts

I am wondering if anybody has tried to use the remote mount at the Tortoise location to drive one turnout direct off the mount its self and another using the cable assembly that comes with it. I know you would typically use two cable assemblies to do it however just thinking outside the box.
  3. O

LED Track Lighting

My layout room is nearing completion and now doing overhead lighting. Currently I have installed 6 - 2 X 2 LED drop in fixtures for general room lighting and LED track lighting for the bench work. To stay on track (punn intended) I realize there are more ways to do lighting however i have...
  4. O

Model Power and NJ International Signal size

I have a number of each and the Model Power are much larger. Which of these are more true to scale?
  5. O

Signal and turnout control options

Been looking at the options of signal and turnout control. I will be using JMRI no matter what the system. I will be using NCE for train control. The choices are down to using the modules that NCE offers or run a seperate Localnet setup using RR-cirkits. Any thoughts and or experiences would...
  6. O

Atlas Switch machines Pros and Cons

I will be using Atlas # $ and #6 Custom line switch's on my new layout. I realize there are better switch's to use however I have around 50 of these that are new so I will not be investing in different ones. I have some Shinora specialty switch's that will be utilized. I also have 41 of the...
  7. O

Hello from Ohio

Greetings folks, I am 61 years old and due to lack of work now basically retired! Not my first thought however it is what it is. After a long time away from the trains I have decided it's time to build a new layout. It will be in HO based on the Chesapeake and Ohio in the 50s during the...

Back