Search results

1. C

Layout Take 3... ??

UP2CSX, Thanks for your input. At your request i have scanned the image with some additional information. I printed it, annotated it, with ideas and thoughts. (as well as labeling towns etc.). Its not Moldel Railroader Magazine quality, but i think it gets the point across. I feel...
  2. C

Layout Take 3... ??

GREAT IDEA ! lets hope i get this right the first time. To the NW are 3 yard tracks at the port in the city of Georgetown. Working around on the north side of the pinnusulla we have a lot of scennery, and find a track heading down to staging (which i would block with scennery if...
  3. C

Layout Take 3... ??

Nephthyr, Thanks for the input. I've played around with your idea some and come up with the following plan. To the NW are 3 yard tracks at the port in the city of Georgetown. winding around on the north side of the pinnusulla we have a lot of scennery, and find a track heading down to...
  4. C

Layout Take 3... ??

The frustration of layout planning continues for me I’m ashamed to admit. I have been in the track planning phase for well over 2 years now. I wouldn’t say the excessive delay is due to indecisiveness, but more due to constant maturing and evolution of existing ideas. It’s also been delayed...
  5. C

Layout Take 3... ??

Attached is a little better print out and scan... I've got some remarks written on them and would like to know everyones thoughts... -staging/reversing loop on the second level with an expanded port scene.. -Double yard by eliminating 2 industries -Steel mill with lots of switching on...
  6. C

heavy weathering

Being a structural engineer who has dont lots of inspections over the years, i never would have thought i would say this but.... "that's some good looking rust staining you got there!"
  7. C

Layout Take 3... ??

EDIT: I APPOLOGIZE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE SCAN, FILE SIZE IS AN ISSUE Well, it’s me again. Long absences seem to be my thing. Work keeps me busy in spurts so my creative energy’s get pulled away from model railroading. During those absences, I’m still reading and lurking in the forums, I’m...
  8. C

First layout planning... Take 2

DOH!!!! How did i miss that!!!!
  9. C

Thanks for the Comments Philip, They are greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if you have been keeping close tabs of my plan progression or not... but the yard got completely overhauled in this last itteration. I downloaded the .pdf on how yards function and tips on how to design them and i...
  10. C

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/chas_kev/FROGV3b.jpg I think this is an improvement... joined the mainline... but salvaged part of it for a passing siding which could double as a location for a way freight to layout cars for the nearby industry. Considerably reworked the yard. It...
  11. C

thank you for your comments. Your help has been greatly appreciated... ... I still have a long way to go, i'm not getting too excited yet!
  12. C

I have been keeping an eye on that thread, although i dont feel like i really "know enough" to contribute much too it. Regardless, i'm not 100% sure that i fully understand what comments your trying to make regarding my layout, so that i can make improvements. I envision two means of getting...
  13. C

Thanks for noticing and thanks for the additional suggestions...
  14. C

Well, i took my previous sketch and tried to work it up in XTrakCad. Good news is, it all appears to fit. (sigh of relief). I did eliminate the crossovers to simplify wiring and to simplify the cad file since i'm still fairly inexperienced with the program. Minimum radius is 16" and...
  15. C

Nah... it's all good... I want this plan to be perfect before i get to building... so i really do appreciate the comments... I need to get a stencile of some sort so i get a little more exact... Getting better with XtrackCad would probably help alot too..
  16. C

Yes, this is N scale which probably responds to the simplest of your statements.... ... maybe i'm missing some major aspect of the "squares process", but it seemed pretty straight forward in the book. I will admit that i'm terrible at drawing well defined curves... but i went under the...
  17. C

I have provided a link to another sketch i played around with last night. -I know the table edges are very SQUARE, but that can be easily changed to increase the curb appeal of the layout. -I'm much happier with the overall look, and think its easily my best effort yet. -I used the method...
  18. C

... I was thinking the same thing... the same problem may be had on the upper right b/c of the backdrop... Although, still a much better plan than i've come up with. Groveden.... i'm not sure why, but you saying its a difficult space actually makes me feel better about my pathetic first...
  19. C

Well, there you go again... making me look bad... :) Plan looks good (as usual), i hope to be able to work some of its traits into my next version soon.... I will comment further if i magange to tear myself away from the office tonight! Thanks... You are truely a master!
  20. C

Ahhh.. the squares method... I'm famaliar with it (if you consider having a reference that describes it famaliar). The paper i'm "sketching" on is graph paper. It has a 0.1 inch grid printed on the back so that it is visible when writing on the paper but does not show through when photo...

Back