Search results

1. D

Color Mix for Fading Brown Ore Cars

i use all testors products in this, Works pretty good.i add about 8-10 drops of White Enamal Paint to bottle of Dullcote Lacquer (1.75 oz bottle). I fill airbrush cup 2/3 Dullcote, 1/3 Lacquer Thinner. Spray light coats onto car or engine, as many as you want. between coat I use a hairdrier to...
  2. D

ttx flat cars

Any suggestions whats a good yellow paint to use to custom paint some LTTX flat cars? Thank you Doug
  3. D

Union Pacific MOW paint

Happy Holidays all I have a few cars that i would like to piant for UP MOW. What would be a good match? Thank you Doug
  4. D

DODX 3 axle trucks

seems like Eastern Car works in no longer around. But i think i may have found closest trucks from Bethlehem Car Works 718-146
  5. D

DODX 3 axle trucks

can you send me a link for these Precision buckeye trucks, i would like to see. Thank You
  6. D

DODX 3 axle trucks

thanks alot guys, few years ago I bought myself 10 brass kits of these DODX flats
  7. D

DODX 3 axle trucks

Does anyone know where i can get trucks likes these or similiar? Thanks in advance. Doug
  8. D

What do you wanna see in HO

I'd also like to see a RTR Schnable car with interchangeable loads. Maybe loads are sold seperate so you can pick what you want. Also a large depresses center flat.
  9. D

Microscale makes the decals for the bnsf one..
  10. D

Ok guys there are cars and engines we all want to see made.. tell everyone what you want the manufactors to make I would like to see DODX 6 axle flat cars 89' flat car for hauling pipe, sheet steel, military vehicles 53' husky stack
  11. D

Super detailing RPP SD90Mac and Dash 8's

Do you mean these kinda grab irons? If so yes someone does make em.. here is a link to them http://railflyermodelprototypes.myshopify.com/products/dp-6223-dog-leg-grabs
  12. D

Sdp40

Hey guys I have a friend who is looking to model a SDP40. but can't seem to find a steam gen add on. Does anyone know if there is a company out there that might make one. Thinking of chopping up a atlas SDP35 body for that part. Thanks
  13. D

SD60F project

Ok everyone I am back to begin working on this project again. Deer hunting season is over now. I have been thinking about how I wanted to do the dynamic brake fan. I had bought myself a Cannon and Company fan hatch. I was thinking of drilling out the shell where it is suppose to go and press...
  14. D

SD60F project

thanks for the bump MLW Thursday night at work I was just thinking about this project and was thining to myself about getting back to work on it again. Thanks
  15. D

Where do I find decent index drill bits!!!

Just my 2 cents worth. but all my drill bits I buy from a local indusrtrial suppy company. Basicly where machine shops, toll and die makers, die makers buy there tools from.think they only cost about $1 to$1.50 each. Never had a problem of breaking except for my own mistakes. Lets face it your...
  16. D

Pulling Your Hair Out: Model Disaster Stories?

belong to a model train club myself. (no layout of my own yet) We are in basement of a local hobby store. Owner kid also lives in building too... We have had cars walk off on their own. Cats walking on layout breaking stuff. And to top it off owner grandkids go down and play on it also. and get...
  17. D

cold storage building

have you thought of using GReat West Models building kits instead of just sheet styrene? What I had planned on using myself
  18. D

SD60F project

you did an awesome job an that engine, the paint job is awesome. Did you use decals or paint the white stripes on side? I had planned on painting mine.
  19. D

SD60F project

well I actually have put on back burner for awhile till after bow hunting season... sorry guys. Plus I also had thw swine flu few weeks ago, and then to top it off last week I had a kidney stone.OUCH!!
  20. D

SD60F project

sorry guys, going slow now as bow hunting season started, Kinda put on back burner for now but i have done a few things will post a few pics in a couple days

Back