Search results

1. F

O-Gauge or Lionel?

More (better) pictures (from previous message) ...Anybody have any suggestions on what to do with these guys besides wrap them up for Thursday morning trash pick-up? :) I can't believe how brittle the pewter or whatever it is, was. The coupler crumbles apart when you put small pressure on it...
  2. F

Cleaning old American Flyer track?

I wonder will this work with Lionel Track, too. The edges on top of the 3-rail Lionel are rounded, rather than flat.
  3. F

I could be rich...

Don''t know why I can't put 2 and 2 together, I do have a degree in Mathematics! Yes, just design the schematic in your CAD program, then feed it to the printer. I have seen people working at CAD programs, although never got into it. I did write a 3-D (3D in perspective) Rubic's Cube program and...
  4. F

I could be rich...

How did you get the dimensions of the part into the printer? To print a cube would be easy, just program in N" x N" x N" but for say, a monopoly token, like the tophat, the shoe or car, or a red hotel, how do you get the machine to understand the 3-D outline? Unless you can place the item in the...
  5. F

I could be rich...

I wanted to get a 3-D printer to make parts, like monopoly game board tokens and hotels. And you can make small parts of RR cars easily. The basic 3D printers are not expensive, but they only print in one color, and only use plastic, but the bigger problem is how to get the machine to know the...
  6. F

Cleaning old American Flyer track?

Don't see forum for American Flyer, so I guess it goes here... This track has some major rust on it I cleaned a few (first photo) with a 2-wheel grinder (the steel wire-brush wheel) but that just cleans the surface of the rail. I don't like using a grinder, I am afraid it will spit it the rail...
  7. F

I could be rich...

I had a model building kit called "Skyline" when I was a kid. I had the biggest version of the kit, and I was able to make a skyscraper taller than me. You can get them on Ebay, I think they are HO scale. Here's a smaller version of the kit I had. I think I had two of these kits, to make bigger...
  8. F

O-Gauge or Lionel?

Thought I got a great bargain on 3 of these these Lionel-compatible passenger cars, at the auction, until I got home and discovered 4 of 6 couplers were broken. The truck-couplers appear to be of pewter or some pewter-plastic combination. If you ever see any of these Rail King's for sale, be...
  9. F

O-Gauge or Lionel?

I was under impression that O-scale and Lionel were incompatible, that the O-scale cars would not run (work) on Lionel, because the wheel width is different...
  10. F

O scale All Nations Boxcars

I have a few of those brake wheels, if you're still interested. They seem to be two different sizes. one is about 7/16" in diameter, the others are plastic, about 9/16.
  11. F

O-Gauge or Lionel?

I have some freight cars I am trying to sell, but I am not sure if they are O-Scale or Lionel. Is there a difference? Can you tell from the trucks? The wheel-span appears, on these two cars, to be slightly less wide than some others which I know are not Lionel. And the knuckle couplers are much...
  12. F

How to test 1930's Lionel Standard gauge Locomotive?

Never answered your question. I think I paid about $280 for the pair...but it's worth a lot more I think.
  13. F

AMERICAN FLYER Pre War 4019 Electric Diesel

I put the AC voltage leads on the locomotive (one on the wheel, and one on the contact in the middle), and the motor hums, and there is nearly continual sparking between where the two arrows are. Seem fixable?
  14. F

Broken Tie Connector Leather Repair - Loco-to-Tender

I broke two of these connectors just while handling the locomotive and tender. They are not metal (I think because there's not supposed to be any possible electrical connection between the two units), but the little tie is brittle, and not too much stronger than cardboard. They refuse to be...
  15. F

Anyone know who made this?

It was inert when I put it on the track. I pushed down on it, and helped it back and forth a couple of times, then it started running fine.
  16. F

Yes, you nailed it. The "skylines" are nearly identical, and underneath, too. What does MDC stand for?
  17. F

Searched, and even partially disassembled the 4-4-2 but can not find any manufacturer mark on the locomotive or tender. It came with a set of Chicago and Northwestern passenger cars, which I believe were made by Roundhouse. But the loco seems like a different style, even though the decals are...
  18. F

HOe = N Gauge?

I see the little mining wagons, they are very rare. Stupid question, maybe, but I suppose the number "1" printed on the diesel means it was the first model-type produced? Then model "2", etc. The German models remind me of when I was stationed in Deutschland. I would walk into town and buy...
  19. F

HOe = N Gauge?

I got some Jouef passenger cars at the auction and the diesel. Amtrak. The diesel weighs only half a pound, but it has a motor and runs. No HO layout here, but I suppose the Jouef diesel could pull the cars, they are only 3 ounces each.
  20. F

HOe = N Gauge?

I found a couple of these at a local auction. They are "Egger-Bahn" - HOe scale. Does anyone know if they will run on N scale layout?

Back