Search results

1. new guy

Off topic, perhaps

Jazzdad always love your posts. excellent find. Keep em coming, you ROCK dude! LOL
  2. new guy

Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Looking good Dave. You may want to think about running those supports at an angle from the wall at the bottom up to the edge of the shelf. It saves the feet and the layout as you shuffle sideways following a train your feet WILL hit those supports! Just sayin, I've done it and am glad where they...
  3. new guy

What Do You find to be the Most Enjoyable Aspect(s) of Model Railroading

I'm finding the entire process fascinating! Building the table, planning and building the road, running the trains, adding scenery, the electronics aspect, researching, models, learning about prototype rail systems, all of it! For "just toys" it can get to be overwhelming at times but very...
  4. new guy

My adventures in Ho Scale.

The "paper to table" conundrum. WHY does it not fit? The numbers are the same? LOL I dunno, man! Indeed, I will be setting up and re setting up my track a few times, just to "make sure" i'm not giving myself a self inflicted PROBLEM as we seem to do TOO often with our Layouts! just sayin...
  5. new guy

Ballasting/weathering track....what about re-railers

I bought 5 and don't often use them to re-rail, I use em as grade crossings. I found I can get em back on just as easy with/without em as they come off. usually "operator error" not my trackwork that causes de-railments...LOL
  6. new guy

Long Mainlines....Are They Important?

Planning for the space I have and what I now know I can do vs what I want to do I'm going to have about 15 feet of storage yard with maybe six tracks just for "off duty" parking and at least 110 feet of main. Plus sidings and at least one more yard. 500 sq feet of table to fill. HO scale. I'm...
  7. new guy

Running Bear's July 2018 Coffee Shop

A Fox sleeping on your porch is a good omen, don't drive it away! LOL Gearing up for fishing, have not gone in years. Gonna sit in a boat or sit by the fire for two weeks. Much needed. Upon my return thus refreshed I shall be making a video log of the next incarnation of the layout. I have the...
  8. new guy

Building a swamp & a Roundhouse - Lights!

Inspiring work, well done.
  9. new guy

Running Bear's Coffee Shop June 2018

Lookin good guys, excellent shots of excellent work. Been layin back chillin. No action on the layout until Aug. Going fishing for ALL of July, gonna sit in a boat or sit by the fire for a few weeks. Should have the scooter fixed soon and I'll be back on the road during daylight hours. BIG...
  10. new guy

Running Bear's Coffee Shop May 2018

Been planning, planning, looking at maps and I believe I will be able to re create the major crossing near where I lived as a kid and the initial inspiration behind the basic table design. I thought it was a double main crossing a double main but the map shows a double going to a single just...
  11. new guy

WOW! That guy knew what he was doing with that tree...wow! Got nice and outside work gets in the way of the layout, no problem, it's not going anywhere and neither am I. Hope all is well with all of y'all. Happy Rolling!
  12. new guy

What color is asphalt?

Mountain biking the trails I noticed that on the "paved" ones when they are new ya can't se em at night in the woods but after a few years it's like a lit trail and stands out on the blackest night. Depends on how "new" you want it to look I guess, quite a spectrum.
  13. new guy

Great pic, awesome work, well done!
  14. new guy

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

I'm NOT knocking my proto brethren they drive the hobby and if not for them we would not have the way cool stuff available. It's just that I don't know enuff about it to be even trying. It is what it is, yards and side tracks are needed so in that way yea. but trying to model a real area is not...
  15. new guy

Frustrating Issue ...

No shame, done it a few times. HAW! Not flexible enuff to kick myself where I should when it happens! Check, check, double, triple CHECK that track! LOL
  16. new guy

THANKS but I missed the shingle shot post, that would be a good Idea if I had money. I'm also over it mostly so... but thanks though. It's going to come down to the amount of sectional curves I have that will determine the FINAL, final, (this time) track pattern. WHEN I post pics my PROTO...
  17. new guy

VERY COOL! I yousta live in Port Huron and was a "Ship fan" sat under the Blue Water Bridge and looked em up in the book and crossed em off as they went by. Saw the "Tall Ships" go thru in 76, they had to take down the very tip of the Top Mast to get under the bridge! Good times.
  18. new guy

Good to see all is well here in the land of serenity. Great photos of great work! Ahhh. the smell of cut wood is about to return, the "plan" is coming together. I just might be able to "have it all", a spur yard and a ladder type yard with run around track, continuous running options and several...
  19. new guy

Thanks for all the hard work on keeping the best forum on the web functioning. Kudos and Salute! Timing is perfect, got the tv out of the way and after the hedge hog funeral I will be bringing down the shelving unit and clearing the table. Measuring and figuring the new track without clutter in...
  20. new guy

Track or Subroadbed, ...Expansion\Contraction problems

Better to be safe than sorry. "Things" happen around layouts, people trip, slip and fall when and where you least expect. I can DANCE on my layout, 1x4 pine screwed together the make "2x4's", tapconned to the floor and the frame is all 1x4 pine screwed into the wall. For the top I went with 1/2...

Back