Search results

1. Skip

Comparative Diesel Wheels Sizes...

Would the wheels on a K-Line Alco FA be the same size as those on Lionel's Alco FA's? I need traction tires for a K-Line Alco, but I only see ones advertised for the Lionel version... Thanks, Skip ;>})
  2. Skip

Comparing small GG1's?

Is the K-Line GG1 about the same size as the RMT version? {The RMT version is 3/16th's S scale, but using 3-rail O gauge track, I believe?} If I buy a K-Line GG1, would it match up in size with my current RMT one?
  3. Skip

Looking for a particular Beef...

I'm looking to buy {or trade for} an RMT Beef NJ Transit shorty diesel, either a 'dummy' A unit or a B unit.. Thanks Skip Leib
  4. Skip

Changing Lionel passenger car lights?

After I got a Lionel #16009 PRR combo car from ebay I discovered it's interior light doesn't work. This car is the Lionel short 12" type (like the Luxury Lines cars) with a plastic roof and sides. But after applying some ~careful~ pressure it doesn't seem like the roof will come off easily...
  5. Skip

S2 switchers talk: Marx, K-Line, RMT versions...

Do you like S2 switchers? Lately I'm finding them to be a nice size, relatively inexpensive, loco that can be used easily with both 027 and O scale rolling stock. I currently have the earlier Marx version of this body and also the later RMT 'Bang' one. The Marx one does not do well on Lionel...
  6. Skip

A basic question from a newbie re radiuses.. (Radii??)

Just got permission from the boss lady to use a basement room for my new HO layout. (This is really neat because she's already given up part of our dining room upstairs for a small 027 oval layout!) :D It's an odd shaped basement room as it's under the upstairs bay window so it bows out on one...
  7. Skip

Just signed on...

Hello Am an avid (obsessive-compulsive?) MRR hobby guy and all around train lover. ;) And as such I have two main interests: 1} 027 Tinplate... Mostly Marx, some American Flyer O, some Ives, some modern RMT stuff, and a (very) little Lionel. Strictly enjoyable toy train stuff, both collecting...

Back